Hash, Inc. Forums

Anzovin Tutorials

Not sure if this has been covered before or not, but Anzovin Studios produced a large number of CD and VHS based tutorials for AM but they no longer support or distribute them. I think I have them all (or at least nearly all). The TSM2 one has already been released on this forum so I contacted Anzovin Studios to find out the status of the others.

Anzovin Studios has graciously allowed all their tutorials to be freely distributed (there are a couple where copyright rests with the presenter and can't be distributed yet so if anyone knows how to contact Justin Barrett and Simon Buntrock please let me know)

These include:

• Non Linear Animation
  • Creating Setups with Raf Anzovin
  • Animating with the Setup Machine 2
  • Model a face with Bill Young
  • Rigging a face with Raf Anzovin
  • Mastering Materials Vol 1 and 2

The ones in question are:

• Animate a face with Justin Barrett Vol 1 and 2
  • A:M in live action Vol 1 and 2
  • Animate! with Cristin McKee Vol 1, 2 and 3

Now thats a few Gb of data and I can't host it. Thoughts? (I am not about to start copying them to CD/DVD for people)

Cheers

Admin note: until we can find a better hosting method and better video format I will put zips of the original CD contents here...

Model a Face with Bill Young (requires a QuickTime compatible player)

Animate a Face with Justin Barret can be accessed via his site: https://justinsbarrett.com/animate-a-face/

Mastering Materials with Bill Young Vol 1&2 (requires a QuickTime and Sorenson 3 codec compatible player)

If it is just about space I would host them at my website. Maybe I would recompress them to h264 if they are not in that videoformat to make them streamable and smaller.

It would help to keep them online.

Anyway I would need to download them from somewhere...

Till now I dont see how A:M films would be a good option since the size / resolution is very limited there. So I dont know what Jason has in mind with AM Films.

*Fuchur*

I'm geting closer to the launch of the new A:M films

PHP CLI missing (/usr/local/bin/php)

MEncoder missing (/usr/local/bin/mencoder)

MPlayer missing (/usr/local/bin/mplayer)

FFMpeg found (/usr/local/bin/ffmpeg)

FLVTool2 found (/usr/bin/flvtool2)

Only a few modules missing. We paid for them to install the modules but they have not. I have an email into them and I hope that it gets done soon. Then a few days of load testing and we should be up and running. I have been trying to work through the missing modules but they seem to install right then the program can't find them. I will let you guys know.

I can store them in the same FTP location as the TSM2 Training videos. I paid for and have all Anzovin videos. Let me know if you want me to do that.

Hi Jason,

Have these been made available anywhere yet?

I looked out at the FTP where the TSM2 stuff is but couldn't find them.

I own several of the Anzovin tuts but there are a few I do not.

Thanks

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
Have these videos been uploaded to A:M Films?

Can you search for them there?

I have looked for the titles listed in the first post and I haven't found them either.

Good that you ask about it... any updates?

I am quite sure we can upload them to the FTP of Hash or even place them on the Video-Tutorial-Page of Hash.com.

It would be great to get them on the page somehow, so Jason any updates on that?

See you

*Fuchur*

Would it be better to publish them to Youtube as an A:M channel? More people would be exposed to the power of A:M that way because of Youtube broad spectrum.

I got the word from Anzovin that Cristin requested her Animate series be withdrawn and no longer distributed - Paid or Free. I won't go into any more detail.

Cheers

If we are all talking about the anzovin tuts, I gathered that they are not intended to be in "public domain". At least that's how it seemed in 2010.

But yeah - I think most of the tutorials that are on A:M films should be on Youtube. Much more bandwidth, and of course, exposure.

• 1 month later...
Would it be better to publish them to Youtube as an A:M channel? More people would be exposed to the power of A:M that way because of Youtube broad spectrum.

I got the word from Anzovin that Cristin requested her Animate series be withdrawn and no longer distributed - Paid or Free. I won't go into any more detail.

Cheers

If we are all talking about the anzovin tuts, I gathered that they are not intended to be in "public domain". At least that's how it seemed in 2010.

But yeah - I think most of the tutorials that are on A:M films should be on Youtube. Much more bandwidth, and of course, exposure.

I now uploaded the following tutorials to the server:

- Animate v1-v3

- Non-Linear Animation: Proove of Concept

But first we need to figure out how to publish them... any further thoughts about that?

The other videos mentioned here are still not available for me... we can for instance talk about an FTP-upload. It would be great to be able to do that.

Please write me an eMail to werbung[-at-]patchwork3d[dot]de for more informations.

Thanks a lot in advance

*Fuchur*

• 4 weeks later...
  • Admin

Fuchur,

When you say you've uploaded these videos to the server... where exactly is that?

If you mean to say A:M Films I didn't see them there.

I'm interested in viewing Raf's Non Linear Animation video because mine was/is of very poor quality.

Hopefully this one is better.

Thanks!

Fuchur,

When you say you've uploaded these videos to the server... where exactly is that?

If you mean to say A:M Films I didn't see them there.

I'm interested in viewing Raf's Non Linear Animation video because mine was/is of very poor quality.

Hopefully this one is better.

Thanks!

Jason wanted to check on the permission first... in general: No it is not a good quality. You can see what is going on but that it is.

Till now it is only on the FTP-server (not freely available if i am not wrong)

See you

*Fuchur*

• 7 years later...