Hash, Inc. Forums

Choreographic Work

DJBREIT

I am setting up for a video tour of a house I have made for You Tube. And after taking two days to figuring out how to get the doors and windows to work at the right time throw an action. It maybe faster to just ask.

I am using a path with a camera.

1. How do I speed up/down and stop the camera along the path so I can have the camera stop and look around.

2. How do I set up so the cameras movement as the actions that dictate the time of the video instead of the path. Since it is a pain to recalculate the time ever time I make some changes to the cameras tour of the house.

3. How do I set up an object on the path ahead of the camera so the camera will aim at where it is going instead of where it is on the path. Just like a person would do. look at where they are going instead of where they are moving.

• Admin

I'll offer the following 'one word' answers to get you thinking in the right directions

More detail will follow as everyone outlines how they work.

1. Ease (Adjust the Ease setting of the camera over time)

2. Keyframes (There is an aspect of your description I'm not understanding fully)

3. Nulls (Constrain the Camera to look at the Null or other object via a "Aim At" Constraint.

• Hash Fellow

That's pretty much it.

"ease" is a property of the path constraint. It's a percentage of how far the object has traveled the path.

If you set the ease to 50% at 3 secs and 50% at 4 secs the object on the path will stay at 50% for that time, then move on (if we presume you have keyed 100% at the end of your animation).

The Ease sort of answered most of the question but left one problem.

Since this is a tour I don't have a defined time line and I need to change and extend the path as I maps out the tour. the problem is the Ease is a percentage of the path so when I change or extend the path it throws off the movements and stops of the camera that I have laid out. If the ease was a time stamp this would not be a problem. Is there a fix or would you do something totally different instead of using a path?

Why are you extending the path? That's like extending the time of a shot when you have all the timing poses done. Do the path first, then the ease keyframes. There's no way to link the keys on the spline to the timeline. Well, maybe with expressions. But do you really want to go there?