Hash, Inc. Forums

model request

TheSpleen

These are pages and info that helped me with my cloth tests

Best I can remember 2 of the projects are what Robcat helped me with and the Veda prj was mine

Hope they help.

http://www.hash.com/forums/index.php?showforum=53

http://www.iii-d.de/html/tutorial-cloth-englisch.htm

http://www.hash.com/forums/lofiversion/index.php/f175.html

http://www.hash.com/forums/index.php?showt...49&hl=cloth

armslevetestRCH03.prj

armslevetestRCH03d.prj

Veda_Dress.prj

I believe people are referring to the mesh density used for your clothing (number of patches per whatever) when referring to cloth density -

The art of figuring out the correct density for your model (sleeve) is a trial & mostly error process - sometimes more dense works better, sometimes less

cloth_density.jpg

• Hash Fellow

Sorry, didn't know there was a cloth question in this thread from the topic title.

My limited experience tells me that cloth needs to be fairly dense... meaning quite a few patches, as Nancy showed.

For real world scaled objects about 2cmx2cm patch size is a place to start. Deflectors, on the other hand don't need to be terribly dense.

Less dense cloth has the advantage of simulating faster, so you don't want it any denser than necessary.

A:M cloth is much more powerful than I thought but you have to be willing to do lots of tweaking and re trying with settings.

• Hash Fellow

Are those triangular patches in that mesh? It looks like triangular patches. Triangles in an A:M model? Something is criss crossing those squares. That's clue #1. Look at my Punch mesh again. 100% squares.

2... there's no cloth material on that group. I don't see one. You HAVE to put a cloth material on it. New Material... ChangeType to>plugin>hash>simcloth.

3... that arm isn't normal size. the 2cm rule was for normal sized stuff. you can make them bigger.

Are those triangular patches in that mesh? It looks like triangular patches. Triangles in an A:M model? Something is criss crossing those squares. That's clue #1. Look at my Punch mesh again. 100% squares.

2... there's no cloth material on that group. I don't see one. You HAVE to put a cloth material on it. New Material... ChangeType to>plugin>hash>simcloth.

3... that arm isn't normal size. the 2cm rule was for normal sized stuff. you can make them bigger.

the patches I made are too small evidently because AM made the triangles, I did not.

but I did notice them.

I will check on that material thing.

Thanks!

Gene

I made the mesh a bit bigger to get rid of the triangles.

Ok I guess this is beyond my capabilities right now lol

here is the model I am using if someone perhaps cares to aid me.

GodHand.mdl

I just need the two arms to have the white sleeves like a robe.

I am wanting to have it come down and play that upright bass I made for only about 8 seconds.

Thought the cloth might be good on this.

I did make the material like Robcat said but I am assuming I did wrong again. LOL

Gene

sleeve3.mov

the patches I made are too small evidently because AM made the triangles, I did not.

How did you model that sleeve? I couldn't make those triangles if I tried. I can't figure out how they are there.

I just extruded the first loop repeatedly but in very short increments.

• Hash Fellow

How did you model that sleeve? I couldn't make those triangles if I tried. I can't figure out how they are there.

Extruding only goes in one direction. Something else has been done to make the diagonals.

Extruding only goes in one direction. Something else has been done to make the diagonals.

Thats all I did, shrug

• Hash Fellow

I can't find a cloth deflector material on the arm in your model. I don't know how that worked at all. :blink:

Try this set up. This is stiffer cloth with much more damping. I tried a less dense cloth too, but it took longer to simulate than the dense one. The denser looks better in this case.

SpleenCloth05.prj

Since you're going to be pointing that arm down, you'll probably need to take one CP at the shoulder end of the cloth out of the cloth group and attach it to a bone so you can pull the cloth up with the bone to keep it from sliding off the arm.

I can't find a cloth deflector material on the arm in your model. I don't know how that worked at all. :blink:

Try this set up. This is stiffer cloth with much more damping. I tried a less dense cloth too, but it took longer to simulate than the dense one. The denser looks better in this case.

SpleenCloth05.prj

Since you're going to be pointing that arm down, you'll probably need to take one CP at the shoulder end of the cloth out of the cloth group and attach it to a bone so you can pull the cloth up with the bone to keep it from sliding off the arm.

Thanks!