Hash, Inc. Forums
Sign in to follow this  
line10hd

Independent Film Needs A:M Animators for Rigging, Modeling, etc.

My name is J. Carlos Gonzalez; I'm an independent filmmaker from Lorain, Ohio. I'm currently working on a feature film that my team and I are getting ready to shoot this summer.

We are looking for experienced animators. We are using Animation Master 2006 or higher, to build our creatures and characters. This is a LIVE action/adventure film for families. As of right now, we can't pay anyone, BUT we are offering a deferred payment contract.

We are looking for Animators, Riggers, and Modelers for lighting, texturing, etc. If you're only good in one of these areas, we can use you!! The time frame is as follows: We begin shooting June 2010 and wrap towards the end of July 2010. We will have a rough cut of the film by November of 2010. We would need all model work completed by this time. Naturally, something’s will take longer, and we realize that people have lives. But if we could get as many things possible by that time, it would be great.

We are looking for artists who pay extreme attention to detail. The goal is to make things as photorealistic as possible. If you would like to know more about the story, please visit this link : www.notinohiomovie.com/story.html The other links on the site will guide you through everything else.

I believe this would be a great outlet for the Hash,Inc. animating community and something Hash, Inc. can be proud of. If you are interested please use this link to get a hold of us: www.line10entertainment.com/wanted.html Please fill out the boxes on the page and we will email you directly. (Providing all of your info is correct) We will send you a more detailed email, with all the info on the production and where to send a sample of your work or if you can provide a link to your work, that would be even better.

Please keep in mind that this is a serious project and a non disclosure agreement must be signed before we can send you a copy of the script and any information about the cast and film; that is not public knowledge or posted on the site.

Thank you for your time. I look forward to making cinematic history together!

Sincerely,

J. Carlos Gonzalez

Producer/Director

"Not In Ohio"

I'm intrigued but have a question.

On the Animators Wanted page of your website you state the following:

These are HIGH Resolution models that we are using. So low poly counts are NOT what we are aiming for here.

Can you be more specific about patch counts? Low patch models can still produce very detailed creatures and they are then much more esay to animate when combined with detailed environments than a heavy model would be. High patch counts are not something that you have to aim for with splines.

I would think that poly counts wouldn't apply to AM models since they are spline based and usually the models need a certain number of patches depending on rigging requirements. One of the reasons I phased out my poly work and sub-d modeling was because the splines offer perfectly smooth curves.

That sounds like promising idea for a movie. There are quite a few talented modelers at large here on the forum so you ought to be able to snag some.

It's ambitious, but not unusual. It depends on lots of things. But on average, features take about 6 weeks. I was interested, but I tend to shy away from phrases like "make cinematic history together".

Isn't one month a bit short to shoot a feature length film?

For a micro-budget film that might actually be long.

When everyone involved is basically a volunteer you try to get their participation in the can ASAP. If he can put together a cast and crew that will stick around to shoot for a month that will be doing well.

Since he's gotten one film done before that's a promising indicator. I've cautiously inquired to ascertain more about the scope and expectations.

I just step in and help rig a model for Currahee!

The model is beautiful! One of the scariest looking monster I have seen coming out of AM: and I believe should have been the mascot had I known about it. I have a feeling this guy is for real and cant wait to see the end result of the movie.

The Patch count is pretty high for AM, but with bone weighting with falloff seems to handle it very well.