Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Hooking patches together

Alex55

This is my first try at making a character and I'm making his head and was wondering if I'm going about this the right way. What I'm trying to do is build different sections of the face and then i was thinking of hooking it all together with just points and smoothing it out.

So yeah, if someone could take a look at this and tell me if I'm going about this the right way I would greatly appreciate some pointers and input.

Skier__s_Body.mdl

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I think your going to have many problems doing it that way .The most comman way is to use a rotoscope and draw your splines on top ,a bit like tracing .Keep turning and positioning points to where you need them

heres a tut with rotos by who I can't remember but you may find it usefull

wendy_sample.zip

Robcat also posted this response to a request for a face tutorial , this is the famous "Cooper" tutorial that many consider to be the quintessential.

BTW, I recommend following the uncondensed version of that tut. The original seems to be down but it's still on the wayback machine:

http://web.archive.org/web/20080201095824/...t/CoopFace.html

This one has a few more explanatory comments. You may need to give it a few minutes for the jpgs to load.