Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Working on a run cycle

LOL !!!!

nice one .... LOL

I animated a fast cycle here using SAM to demonstrate some important aspects..

- Watch the position of the leg when the foot touches the ground, it is straight forward

- Time with the foot on the ground

- Balance ( Y axis ) of the waist... it rises with the impulse of the foot

.... if I'm being annoying let me know please

run.mov

slow_notes.mov

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A nnoying ,hell no I appreciate you taking the time to help me ,I need it.Going to study these now thank's

Oh thats good I have had problems on how to bend the back but I can see it now very well and the legs striaght and bent positions

I love the black girl booty walk! Is that a tribute for the our south American friend? I think Brazilian girls are notorious for the booty walk! I love that street dancing they do in the city, with the Mardi Gras celebration? I don't know what they call it but seen video of them moving their booty extremely fast, like Flamenco? I wish I understood Spanish, but looks like they have stiff competition for that sort of thing.

The breast jiggle is very easy! Use to be very hard, not anymore!

The reason Breast bone 1 is angle downward is to consider the angle of hang, so when she bounce, the breast will go upward and outward, not just upward. I see so many breast bounce animation lose volume when the bone are straight horizontally. also why the bone are all the way to the spine instead of just at the breast, so you don't lose volumes of the breast during a bounce.

BTW This is how I won this client, as she was looking for the most realistic bounce among animator. The HASH AM won again!

The hard part is assigning the cps to evenly go from bone 2 to Bone1 to spine bone.

breast_setup0.jpg

Okay, looks much better!

The hands swinging upward across the chest timing is just about 1-2 frame behind. I would just grab the key frame of the hands and arm and slide it ahead by 1-2 frame.

and should be almost perfect!

Steve... the thigh should run like a pendulum on this occasion. it must always be moving.. In the mov #5 in the frames 5/6/7/8/9/10 the right thigh and in frames 18/19/20/21/22/23 the left thigh are almost stopped....

theoretically you should use 3 keys for each thigh ( frames 0/12/24 )

Ideally, in a test like this, is to animate the run moving the character forward, planting her feet in the ground on each step and not sliding them ( like I did with strawbear ). This way you can get a more realistic movements, especially in the X axis.

Xtaz I will make a new one and try to do it on the move as I can't seem to get that smooth action on the thigh,I did notice it wasn't moving as it should but couldn't find a way to make it bettter. Maybe Iv changed this action so much I need to restart one

I think my problem is Ive been trying to get overlap ,like on frame 24 set arm ,leg to allmost full extent but make frame 1/2 the full extent so that it overlaps on the cycle ,but its not working as expected .So I will forget the overlap with the new one.Thank's a lot will get back soon as I have it done

Ruscular that setup work's very well ,thank's a lot

• Hash Fellow

Look at the path the foot is tracing.

run_5notes.mov

Her path is like a crescent with the highest points at the front and back. But that can't be. Big masses can not make sudden sharp corners like that.

Look at the Muybridge run again. His path is like a loop with the front end squashed. The highest point isn't the front or back. After that foot reaches it's peak it is swooping down to make a landing and drops vertically just at the last moment.