Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

2010 goals

It's traditional to make New Years resolutions around this time of year (or perhaps sooner). So I want to know ...

What do you plan on working on with Animation:Master in 2010? What do you want to accomplish with A:M this year?

If you specify a big project ("I want to make a 5 minute animation"), break it down into chunks (write a script, design characters, model characters, rig characters, model sets and props, record voices and sound effects, blocking animation, etc.).

One problem with New Years resolutions is not dedicating the time. So how much time do you plan on spending on Animation:Master?

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• *A:M User*

I have started and plan to finish Cupid's Sick Day!! It is not going to finish this year, but the goal is to spend the time to actually finish something I have started. Right now, with work, I am spending no time with AM. But that will change. I am also going back to school, animation school in the spring semester. Never too old to learn.

Steve

• Hash Fellow

I got an idea for a movie so one thing I want do do this year is write an actual screenplay for it and possibly storyboard it. I've done almost none of either previously..

In the mean time I'll keep doing related experiments in A:M to see if what i want to do is feasible.

My plan for 2010 is to have more time available to work with A:M. Right now I hardy get to use it because I'm to busy with other projects I have to finish. I do have a plan for a short movie I'm hoping to get started on this year.

My goal is to not make any predictions about what I'm going to do and just keep going where the wind blows me according to whim and mood...that way I'm sure to keep on track.

However today's whim feels like I want to animate to this piece of music that's been hanging around on my hard drive for way toooo long.

Well I just bit the bullet and bought the CD version (postage is the cost of an annual subscription...)

I'm taking 7 month off work this year to do a 5 minute short. Plus I will be working on SO and doing whatever I need to improve my animation.

Script is almost done, now working on Character Design (1 of the 2 main characters is already designed so constructing him right now). Dialogue is sorted so will be looking for people with interesting voices to voice act very soon (my own voice is far too nasally to be of any use). Old, gruff, deep tenor type voice (old mariner/fisherman) and a whiny sarcastic younger voice (sly real estate agent)

I will be using VUE for my background and foreground layers and will use Blender for Post work but AM will be used for the guts of the process.

Cheers

To finish at least one of the 20 minute Earth Link: Zero episodes. And the time I dedicate to it is pretty much any time I'm not at work, so yeah, my life can be summed up to working and working on ELZ

ironic, the day I mention my goal, I break it