Hash, Inc. Forums

Testing face movement

Yea your right Matt I didn't notice that untill you said, cheers

One thing I was going to ask you Robert when I renderd it without miltipass it was looking bad on the hooks in the hands but with multi it looks ok ,is there any reason you could think of that causes that .Allthough there are way to many hooks

Thank's a lot Gene

edit heres the hand

hand.jpg

• Hash Fellow
Yea your right Matt I didn't notice that untill you said, cheers

One thing I was going to ask you Robert when I renderd it without miltipass it was looking bad on the hooks in the hands but with multi it looks ok ,is there any reason you could think of that causes that .Allthough there are way to many hooks

Thank's a lot Gene

edit heres the hand

My inclination is to only hook a hook into the middle of a spline rather than at the 1/4 or 3/4 points.

Thank's Walter ,yea them walks can take a lot of time ,I still do some tweaking after months thinking it just don't look right and then ,sometimes I get it or if someone tells me like John on this one.I learned from Robert to use the channels a lot

I have found the following when doing mechanical modeling, and may or may not be the same with organic modeling.

1) I have found on curved surfaces that multiple 5 point patches that are touching each other don't render very well. I have had some very weird artifacts when rendering and have had to rework the area to eliminate the 5 point patches.

2) Again with curved surfaces, having multiple hooks joining to the same spline can also cause some weird artificacts when rendering.

3) It looks like you could remove some splines running from the wrist down into the thumb without affecting the look of the thumb.

4) Where the wrist joins the hand, you have a combination of hooks and 5 point patches. Not sure if this will cause any render or animating issues. Also, it looks like the CP's at where the splines do run connect from the wrist to the hand may be peaked. You may get better flow if they are not peaked.

I am not very good at organic modeling, so I wouldn't go making a lot of changes unless someone else can confirm my findings.

All that being said, I would be ecstatic if I could get a hand to look this good and not like a deformed Hellboy hand!

Al