Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Make Normal Map Video Tutorial

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You lost a few steps like changing the new decal to normal-map-type (it is still in color-mode) or the 1-frame-rendering-setting which is at 38frames in your video, etc but anyway thanks for the info.

*Fuchur*

Your right. I will re do the tutorial. I was trying to keep the video short by having certain things done already and I overlooked steps because of that.

• Admin

Your tutorials are always so concise and to the point. This one is no different.

Its an excellent demonstration of the power and ease of Normal Maps. (You make it look as if EVERYONE can do it... and they can!)

You might not have to redo this tutorial if you can just add in the part about changing the Decal Type at the end.

Your tutorial takes us 95% of the way... just a stones throw from the finish line.

As always, Thanks!

One of these days we need to compare notes on the number and subject matter of all of the tutorials you've posted.

I've a feeling I may have missed a few!

Your tutorials are always so concise and to the point. This one is no different.

Its an excellent demonstration of the power and ease of Normal Maps. (You make it look as if EVERYONE can do it... and they can!)

You might not have to redo this tutorial if you can just add in the part about changing the Decal Type at the end.

Your tutorial takes us 95% of the way... just a stones throw from the finish line.

As always, Thanks!

One of these days we need to compare notes on the number and subject matter of all of the tutorials you've posted.

I've a feeling I may have missed a few!

Here you go Rodney

http://www.hash.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=36996&hl=

I can't see them either (even when I download first), and have had problems viewing your other movies as well, aside from some of them being way toooo huge.

I usually have no problems with most of the other QT movies posted in this forum. How are you compressing? creating? your movies for final posting? It seems to be non-standard in some way.

I use qt pro - h264, fast start (or hinted streaming - can't remember which),

Please let me know if you still can not see the 2nd tutorial if and only if you have.

1. updated to quicktime 7 or later.

and

2. have tried viewing via firefox.

and

3. down loaded the file to view it via the quicktime player.

remeber to reboot after installing updating quicktime or it will not work.

Please let me know if you still can not see the 2nd tutorial if and only if you have.

1. updated to quicktime 7 or later.

and

2. have tried viewing via firefox.

and

3. down loaded the file to view it via the quicktime player.

remeber to reboot after installing updating quicktime or it will not work.

I have qt pro 7, I use firefox, I also downloaded it (the addendum via save as - get a 2plus mb file) - I can not view it in any way shape or form (QT player says downloaded version is error -2048 the file is not a movie file) - when try to view on forum by clicking on link qt comes up with a question mark.

what codec are you using? what are your compression settings?

Both are now showing...VERY informative and simple to accomplish, we just needed to be shown. Thanks Jason! (H264 did the trick, right?)

Yes the H.264 codec seems to universally play for everyone who has quick time or i tunes installed. And it may even work for those who dont.

I dont understand why sometimes mpeg 4 with a .mov extension sometimes works and and then sometimes does not work? Oddly it always works for me, but rarely works for all of you.

I guess I need to cave and always make it as h.264 from now on.