Hash, Inc. Forums

I put up my christmas tree today

mtpeak2

Yes, Yes, very nice tree.

I like that you changed the scene lighting, so that the green branches show up a little better than in your earlier posts.

A nice addition to my seasonal desktop pictures.

Thanks

Thanks guys.

Mark, unfortunely I didn't use sweeper for the ornaments, I arrange them in the chor. But, what I did was delete all model except the ornaments, deleted the lights and camera and exported as a model. Then I used that model as an action object in an action. I finally got smart and used sweeper for the lights, bows and now emitters for the tinsel (which are also action objects). I still need to arrange the emitters better for the tinsel, so they fall in a better place on the tree, but it's getting there.

christmas_tree0.jpg

Thanks everyone.

Robert, the tracks should be easy enough and I think there is a steam engine on one of the cd (no cars though), modeled by KenH I think. I could probably use Gerry's gingerbread house for the village. I'll see what I can do.

I'll look into it Kat, thanks.

Spent some time rigging the train. The rear wheels drive the rig by expressions and constraints. The rear wheel is driven with an expression by translation of a bone. This bone will be tied to the ease of the path constraint in the chor by an expression. This will keep the wheel rotation from slipping when animating the ease of the path constraint.

wireframe.mov

shaded.mov