Championing Video Tutorials

Rodney

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

ha, seems most times when someone posts someone useful you ask for a vid tut, we should like nickname you jason (vidtut) 1025 :)

I find that vid tuts are often more accurate than texted documentation. Although they both are needed to get a well rounded understanding. You ever notice when someone does a vid tut and they themselves did not get the result they want to achieve? and then they figure it out? Those moments are particularly important because it forces the tutorial to address every detail in practice that are often overlooked when an author is writing a texted tutorial. It may just be me but texted tutorials always seem to have a point where they stop me dead in my tracks. Its usually something simple that the author assumed you already new or you are mis interpreting the documentation much like talking to some one via a texted chat room a large portion of the human element such as inflections is lost. Video tutorials are not perfect but they bridge many gags that just cant get addressed in documentation.

Its in every ones best interest to creat video tutorials. I find my self reviewing my own vid tutorials when I cant remember how to do something. You also reach a larger audience with a vid tutorial. more people like to watch a vid tut on a subject than read a lengthy texted document.

They both have there place and help to cross reference a solution.

P.S. in my opinion a good vid tut often shows the result at the beginning of the tutorial and other examples of the result so that the audience has a vision of the goal to focus on.

could you make a video tutorial?

ha, seems most times when someone posts someone useful you ask for a vid tut, we should like nickname you jason (vidtut) 1025 :)

This isn't the freebie forum.

Jason has about ten more chances to ask in this fashion before the requests start being removed.

Even a useful request can run the limits of its use.

At a minimum I suspect such requests for tutorials should be followed up by a licensed copy of Camtasia so the creator can more easily make their tutorials. Subsequent videos would likely require an additional financial support mechanism too.

Facinating insight Malo,

I'm glad someone is able to dig deep like that.

My brain doesn't quite keep up with you.

I don't understand. I thought the purpose of this forum was to advance the knowledge of the program and help users? Would it not be helpful if we had a video tutorial? Why would you delete the request? Thats rude. such requests are just that a question? it can always go unanswered or ignored. It is a simple question.

I did not say I would not pay for it. In fact I have purchased every tutorial available regarding AM. I cant think of anything video tutorial related to AM that was or is for sale that I have not purchased.

I am offended by your response to my request. I also feel that I seem to be on your radar lately being singled out. Have you read some of the requests hash has made? Its all a matter of opinion weather its not right for the forum.

With that said thanks for giving me 10 more chances I will use them wisely knowing big brother is always watching.