Hash, Inc. Forums

walking backwards

Kimberly

Also, if the rabbit is constrained to a path in the choreography, he will walk backward if the "Ease" property on the Path Constraint starts at "100%" and then goes to "0%" later in the timeline. That means the rabbit is walking from the end of the path to the start of the path. If the rabbit is constrained to a Path, and you want it to walk forward, you must make sure the "Ease" property starts at a lower percentage and goes to a higher percentage.

• Admin

For some reason 'Stride Length' pops into my mind.

If the Stride Length is not set correctly you may get the effect of walking backward or sliding.

Holmes,

I think you've got a tutorials that addresses this. (Perhaps the 'Walk then Wave' Tutorial?)

On this subject, I'm trying to figure out the Stride Length Manipulator. It seems to have undergone some changes in recent versions and it doesn't seem to work like it used to, certainly not like it's described in TAOA:M. The instructions in the book don't make much sense. I posted a query about this maybe a year ago and got no responses. Can anyone clue me in on this?

On this subject, I'm trying to figure out the Stride Length Manipulator. It seems to have undergone some changes in recent versions and it doesn't seem to work like it used to, certainly not like it's described in TAOA:M. The instructions in the book don't make much sense. I posted a query about this maybe a year ago and got no responses. Can anyone clue me in on this?

The way I've always used it ...

drag the back stride length box to the heel of the back foot and drag the front stride length box to the heel of the front foot.

then step through the cycle frame by frame and adjust the number for the "Stride Length" property until the feet follow a line in the grid fairly closely.

Walk cycles take practice ...

The way I've always used it ...

drag the back stride length box to the heel of the back foot and drag the front stride length box to the heel of the front foot.

then step through the cycle frame by frame and adjust the number for the "Stride Length" property until the feet follow a line in the grid fairly closely.

Walk cycles take practice ...

I don't step through the cycle frame by frame, I make sure the Z curve for the foot on the ground, is a straight line,

this way feet don't slide.

Michel