Hash, Inc. Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Bigboote

FISHEYE LENS .mdl as seen on TV

THIS model has been around for a few years now, and due to Tralfaz's recent usage and success with it, I have decided it should be available to all-with a tutorial! Formerly known as 'BensLens'...it was developed by Ben(BenToTheMax) and myself after we discovered that simply widening A:M's camera focal length did not get the effect of a true 'fisheye' lens. The main place you can see its effect is in the lines of your perspective. With the plain A:M camera at a wide focal length the lines will always be straight, whereas with 'fisheye' distortion you get natural lenticular curvature. NOTE: Because it uses refraction upon render...your render times will increase.

ALSO--- there are some 'toys' in the pose sliders. 'Whiskey Glass' gives a wacky distortion effect, and 'Facet' should give an insect-eye look. I hope other people will experiment and implement other 'toys'. I am including a sample where I used the 'whiskey glass' gradually increasing it's effect over time.

I hope Hashers will grab this simple model and keep it in their 'tool box' and use it when circumstances dictate...ENJOY!

FISHEYE.mdl

FISHEYE_tutorial.jpg

FISHEYE_tutorial.pdf

11_second_NOV2009_fisheye.mov

Here's an excellent example of what FISHEYE offers. Samples from Tralfaz's Discovery Cockpit project. Thanks Al.

FISHEYE_Tralfaz_examples.jpg

Thank you Matt! I really the result you get with the lens.

Michel

Here's an excellent example of what FISHEYE offers. Samples from Tralfaz's Discovery Cockpit project. Thanks Al.

No need to thank me. If anything, I should be thanking you! It is a great addition to the A:M toolset!

Al

Thank's Matt Iv had it for ages and didn't know how to use it,now I do and will cheers

Thanks Matt

It cost me 1200.00 dollars for my fish eye lens on my Sony EX1. Your lens is very valuable to me. Thanks for the clear instructions on how you use it.