Hash, Inc. Forums

11 second club entry

I got an idea for an 11 second club entry over the holiday but couldn't start until today.

hee hee - Living on the edge, are we?

A fish! A fish! A flounder fish?

I expect the same ol' same ol' Robcat quality super-terrificness.

(umm...no pressure, now...)

EDIT:changed my mind: little shop of horrors man-eatin' plant?

• Hash Fellow

well, I've found one version that seems to have everything intact but the smile keys. I actually have bones moving the lips around but I was using SS to fine tune the results of the CP weighting.

I need to get on with the body so I'll just do without smiles for now. :angry:

I don't know why the last few versions went bad. It's like several of the CPS that had keys on them lost all knowledge that they were involved in SS and just stayed stuck in space while other parts of the mesh moved around them.

This didn't become apparent until i had reason to restart A:M and actually reload a model instead of just continuing on in the same session after a save.

• Hash Fellow

9 hours to go and only the first pose done

WhippedCream0000.jpg

I like the thinner stem. But this may not be the time to start finessing details!

I thought the thin looked too flimsy, but it wouldn't be hard to go back even after I animate.

The arms are only barely there yet.

Is the butterfly flapping too distracting?

Butterfly is not distracting - it looks like it will be someone for man-eating plant to relate to. I like the arm/hand (right one in particular).

I think the ending head down pose is too similar to the starting head down, maybe have it end higher?

I think that people that know like us that it is an eating plant story don't get distracted,

but people watching it for the first time will think it's the the butterfly talking, for a few

seconds before they realize what's happening.

Michel

• Hash Fellow

Turns out there were only a few spots where you could see his mouth wasn't moving so I sorta got by with minimal lip synch.

"a coCOOOONN of horror!"

I didn't get my Hi-larious punchline in so that may just have to be an A:M forum exclusive some day.

Here it is. But don't let that stop you from slogging thru the 300 or so entries over at 11secondclub.com to vote for it!

WhippedCreamMP4.mov

Thanks, everyone, for all your comments and encouragement! :)

That will stand-out as unique. Everyone seems to use the same character in the contest. I'll keep an eye out for it. I, also, slapped together an entry yesterday using one of my old TSM1 rigged characters (weird old man) Keep an eye out for this too:

11_second_NOV2009sm.mov

• Hash Fellow

Of course, there will probably be 50 other carnivorous-plant-talking-to-butterfly entries. It's the obvious choice!

I, also, slapped together an entry yesterday using one of my old TSM1 rigged characters (weird old man) Keep an eye out for this too:

that turned out well!

• Admin
If anyone is wondering (prolly not...) the skin on the old man is just the 'Plush' darktree sim with the colors altered to skin tones...works quite well for a quick 'rimlit' look that renders FAST.

I was wondering... thanks for cluing me in. :)

That little bit of texturing really adds a lot to the sequence.

All you '11 Seconders' are doing great things. Keep it up!