Hash, Inc. Forums

Is there an error in the 2001rig

Andrew

Hello all,

Is there an error in the 2001rig in the data file just downloaded from the hash site.

When I turn on Ik Arms Setup the right arm points to the sky.

Does it do this for anyone else?

Thanks in advance to all those who reply.

Andrew

Hello all,

Is there an error in the 2001rig in the data file just downloaded from the hash site.

Andrew

The 2001 Rig was designed before there were changes in how A:M works in Actions (v13)...it doesn't take into account the "baking" of constraints when switching from FK to IK (or IK to FK). For that reason, I would recommend either the LiteRig, 2008 Rig, TSM2 or Squetch Rig. TSM2 was also designed before the change, but I haven't heard of any problems using it (and I think Mark Skodacek made a script that would update how it works...you'd have to do a search for it).

Hope that helps, Andrew.

The 2001 hasn't been maintained or updated in years. There are a number of other rigs available as David suggested.

The TSM2 updates that David mentioned are not available on the forum at this time (FK/IK seamless switching for arms and legs).

• Hash Fellow
Hello all,

Andrew

Did you actually install it in something an dfollow the directions to do so.

Other characters with AM2001 in them behave ok.

Hello all,

Andrew

The 2001 Rig was designed before there were changes in how A:M works in Actions (v13)...it doesn't take into account the "baking" of constraints when switching from FK to IK (or IK to FK). For that reason, I would recommend either the LiteRig, 2008 Rig, TSM2 or Squetch Rig. TSM2 was also designed before the change, but I haven't heard of any problems using it (and I think Mark Skodacek made a script that would update how it works...you'd have to do a search for it).

Hope that helps, Andrew.

Hello Itsjustme,

Thanks for the feedback. Very helpfull.

But the other models seem to work ok. They also look like the 2001 rig. Has someone updated those and not the 2001 rig?

andrew

• 3 weeks later...
I posted an updated 2001 Rig here that fixes the problem you are having, plus a few other things. If you find anything else wrong, let me know and I'll fix it.

Hello mtpeak2,

I hope this is not a bother. But I note then when I turn on Left Hand Lock and move the hand around the arm moves as well. Same with the Right Hand Lock and the bone does not stay fixed to the null. Is it possible to have the hand bone orient like the hand null?

Or how much per model for you to rig with a simple rig some models I have?

Thanks

Andrew

The hand lock poses lock the rotation of the hand, but you can still manually adjust it, it doesn't lock the translation. So if the hand targets are pulled away from the length of the arm, the hand bone will pull away from the hand target, staying attached to the forearm. So I'm not really sure what your problem is.

With some modifications, you could probably have the hands orient like the hand targets, but that will probably interfere with the hand lock poses.

I usually don't rig models for people, only for a selected few. I will help you rig your own models, but you will have to give it an honest attempt and post your progress here on the forum. If you have any issues, I'll take a look at them.

• 2 weeks later...

Does the updated 2001 rig work with previous actions (resolute walk etc etc)?

I have some issues with a small animation I did and the left fore arm won't bend properly for smart skinning. If actions can't be used with the updated rig then I will just redo using the 2008 rig.

I also ran into a quirk with the tsm2 on another character that after the mirror bones was applied, part of the geometry evaporated. Not sure but it might be the 15.0i I tried it under.

Yes, The actions still work for the update on the 2001 rig.

I couldn't tell you about the smartskinning problem without seeing the model. It's most likely a smartskin which has a reference to a wrong bone in it, but I couldn't tell you without looking at it.

As for the TSM2 problem, did you run the MirrorBones plugin before or after you ran TSM2 fipper?