Hash, Inc. Forums

Ultimate Bvh Question

tchamberlain2

I'm going to bring my bvh questions to this request that I think would do the hash community some good. I'm begging anyone who can to make a bvh video tuturol. Something using a simple charater like thom. Showing how to connect each constraint (orient like, aim like and ect). I've been to zandoria.com and have tried to follow the instructions on thom but I can only get certain body parts moving right(not all of them). If I new enough I would make a help video like this myself but as you can tell I only know so much. I think if there was another help video that needed to be made, this would be the one. I humbly ask!

There are a number of different control rigs, setting up the BVH is different for each rig.

Thank you for your help link. Now, when you use the term rig do you mean like each type of action that the bvh file may do for rigs (like walking, talking or running)? This may sound stupid of me....

• Hash Fellow

one possible hang up is that BVH files seem to depict all their motion as FK, even for legs.

So, for example, if you've constrained a characters FK leg controls to the BVH object but left the character set to IK legs it will appear to not work.

A character model needs bones assigned to the mesh for the BVH file to work. There are different bone rigs available to install in a character (Squetch Rig, TSM2 Rig, 2008 Rig, 2001 Rig and the LiteRig). Depending on which rig is installed in the character model, the constraint setup will be different.