Hash, Inc. Forums

Coming back to A:M

Hi everyone,

I'm getting back into computer animation, particularly A:M, and since it's been a while (over a year), I decided to just start the TaoA:M exercises over again. I figured it's a good review of everything. I'm determined to get earn my TaoA:M certificate this time! :)

Anyway, here's KeeKat striking his pose. I discovered that if you hold down the SHIFT key while in camera mode, the Turn and Zoom commands turn and zoom the camera view, as if you were sitting behind the actual camera. Neat!

-Sean

KeeKat0.jpg

• Admin

It's great to see you here in the forum again Sean!

I have a feeling the break away from A:M will have been good for you and the workflow will sink in even deeper this time.

Looking forward to seeing your progress here in TaoA:M! :)

if you hold down the SHIFT key while in camera mode, the Turn and Zoom commands turn and zoom the camera view, as if you were sitting behind the actual camera.

If you hold down [shift] while viewing through the camera, and you drag with the middle mouse button ( [shift]-middle mouse drag), you can rotate the camera while looking through it also.

if you hold down the SHIFT key while in camera mode, the Turn and Zoom commands turn and zoom the camera view, as if you were sitting behind the actual camera.

If you hold down [shift] while viewing through the camera, and you drag with the middle mouse button ( [shift]-middle mouse drag), you can rotate the camera while looking through it also.

HOLY CRAP! This is all new to me. AND a bit mind blowing--- so- if you had your graphics card set low (page down) and you had one of the new fancy-schmancy joystick-controllers... and you had a scene fully animated and ready to go and it was PLAYING in animate mode... theoretically, you could control the camera like a handheld camcorder...complete with all the subtleties that the human hand... looking where you want when you want and zooming-panning at will and at speed. THAT WOULD BE PRETTY COOL!