Hash, Inc. Forums

face rig

mtpeak2

I finally continued some work on the face rig. I've made some adjustments to the expressions and added a few. I still have more things to do.

Here's a test render I did to check the rig and weighting. It's not much of an animation, just a few poses. The animation was done using one controller.

face_test.mov

Yes, one controller, it's not uncommon. The few face rigs available do this sort of thing, but they only use 2 axis', sometimes 3. This controller uses 4 axis' and I may go to 6. You have the potential of utilizing 9 (3 translate, 3 rotate and 3 scale).

Thanks guys.

This is actually my first attempt at lipsincing, without using phoneme poses or A:M Track. The eye and brow poses were just random to break up the blank stare look, I concentrated more on the mouth poses and it really needs more work, but close.

Thanks David, but I'm not going to continue to work on this rig. I'll pursue other methods or find something else to work on. Truthfully, I should of stayed away from posting on the forum.

I'm sorry you feel that way, Mark...I think you've done nothing but great work.

Hmmm, not very incouraging. I know I suck at animating, but is it that bad? yikes! ;)

Of course not - are you wanting opinions of the animating? or of the rig?

It's hard to offer constructive comments on either. As you say: Both are unfinished.

Face rigs are always interesting, useful. Minimum controllers sounds interesting - but it's hard to know without the details if it would be intuitive/flexible to work with.

It seems to me, that your work and help is really much more apreciated here on the forum then you are thinking.

Its just that most of us are not that far into some more diffucult topics like for instance rigging like you, so it takes some time for us to catch up.

So please be patient with us...