Hash, Inc. Forums

Question About Dynamic Constraint

I used the dynamic constraint on one of my model characters. It's been working really well. When they walk, certain body parts move almost realistclly. However, the biggest issue has been when I render the walking animation to video file, the dynamic effect stops moveing or does'nt move on the video as much as they moved on the basic action screen mode. I'm wondering is there a certain configuration you have to set in the rendering properties to see the dynamic constraint movements in the renderd video files or is it something else that I'm doing wrong?

Any one please help!!!

This was something Nancy clued me in about for my christmas animation last year. On a multipass render, the dynamic constraint is still reacting between passes, and as a result sort of cancels itself out. I believe there was a second step in addition to "Simulate Spring Systems', like you have to then turn off/disable the dynamic constraint? Something like that. Someone else will chime in here.

This was something Nancy clued me in about for my christmas animation last year. On a multipass render, the dynamic constraint is still reacting between passes, and as a result sort of cancels itself out. I believe there was a second step in addition to "Simulate Spring Systems', like you have to then turn off/disable the dynamic constraint? Something like that. Someone else will chime in here.

Hmmm...Are you also using any particles? (or hair?) - if so - you will have to bake particle systems after you simulate spring systems and before rendering as multipass. Particle systems and dynamic constraints seem to interfere with each other (or they use to).

If you do not have particle systems - then simulate spring system should be all you need to do - it produces keys for the bones (and it automatically sets "simulate on fly" =off). So it sorta bakes it.

15e PC (did not try in 15g)

Hmmm...Are you also using any particles? (or hair?) - if so - you will have to bake particle systems after you simulate spring systems and before rendering as multipass. Particle systems and dynamic constraints seem to interfere with each other (or they use to).

If you do not have particle systems - then simulate spring system should be all you need to do - it produces keys for the bones (and it automatically sets "simulate on fly" =off). So it sorta bakes it.

15e PC (did not try in 15g)

Thank you so much, for these answers. I have Hash version 12. When I get back to my workstation I'll try this. I also have not used the hair or particles. Just a whole figure with dynamic constraints on certain body parts.

Thank you so much, for these answers. I have Hash version 12. When I get back to my workstation I'll try this. I also have not used the hair or particles. Just a whole figure with dynamic constraints on certain body parts.

I do not believe version 12 will bake dynamic constraints - but I'm not sure. If you are having problems with dynamic constraints, you might try rendering final with multipass OFF - rather than ON. It might work better (can't remember ver 12)

I do not believe version 12 will bake dynamic constraints - but I'm not sure. If you are having problems with dynamic constraints, you might try rendering final with multipass OFF - rather than ON. It might work better (can't remember ver 12)

when you "simulate spring systems" it effectively bakes the motion into the action's channels. it just wasn't called "baking"

when you "simulate spring systems" it effectively bakes the motion into the action's channels. it just wasn't called "baking"

Yes. Thank everyone for all of the answers. "Simulate to Spring Systems" Definitlly works on version 12. It worked for me. And now my characters are rendering with the dynamic constraints.