Hash, Inc. Forums

TSM Feature Request =^.^=

nyahkitty

Now that Anzovin no longer maintains and updates The Setup Machine, is there any possibility of Hash Inc. getting permission to include it in Animation:Master and taking over the job of supporting the software as an up to date plugin?

It seems like a perfect addition to the One Artist Studio. :-)

I'd say slim chance. Hash has always supported the 'Hash' rig. Plus- the manpower of programmers at Hash inc might not be where you envision it... AND--- what is it about TSM2 that needs work or needs to be implemented? It's a miraculous mechanism at an unbelievable price...how could it get any better?

• Hash Fellow

I inquired with Anzovin about such a thing. They seem to be actively not interested. Perhaps part of the problem is they still sell a TSM for Maya and they don't want the marketplace confusion.

what is it about TSM2 that needs work or needs to be implemented?

mac version

I inquired with Anzovin about such a thing. They seem to be actively not interested. Perhaps part of the problem is they still sell a TSM for Maya and they don't want the marketplace confusion.

what is it about TSM2 that needs work or needs to be implemented?

mac version

I got the same feeling from them. I asked them why they did not continue to support it for AM. They replied with something like after all the hours they spent on creating the product they only sold less than 40 units or so.

• Hash Fellow

One marketing problem with TSM2 is they didn't make it absolutely, positively clear that it didn't do CP weighting for you.

It's mentioned in the manual but for people who have no idea what CP weighting is in the first place or why they need to do it or why a program can't do it for you... TSM2 was a program that didn't do what they thought it would do. I recall a number of negative posts that probably created bad word of mouth when it came out.

I think it's great and I wish we could convince them to sell it or donate it or leave it to someone in their will.

That said... the actual script-driven operation of it is not that far out... a A:M plugin-capable programmer could probable re create it, although that would be a legal problem in itself.