Hash, Inc. Forums

Christmas Elf

TheSpleen

I like it ... hopefully he might also get a body?

Bruce

No...he just wanted a little head ;)

BTW Bruce I love your work!

I hope to be as good as you one day.

Whenever I do my music videos I remember your mice video and how well they played.

I am having one heck of a time getting this elf rigged.

elfturn.mov

With Christmas coming I am hoping maybe we can work something out?

In exchange for help rigging my elf, I in turn will share the model for anyone who wishes to use him in their

own Christmas project.

I have had him rigged and it was total nightmare. So now he is boneless and clean for rigging anew.

Gene

He turned out well! Cheeks are a tiny bit creased...but he shows improvement and great character.

Did you try the Lite-rig? TSM2? 2008?

Not sure what the "nightmare" was - the face?

Show your problems and more than likely someone will chime in (that is, someone who has more knowledge than I)

Here he is with lite rig bones lined up.

I get very confused after that even though I am following instructions.

elflite.mdl

after this I am lost.

If I auto assign bones all hell breaks loose.

I am not worried about the face rigging so much cause I like using pose sliders for that.

I am great with pose sliders.

Giving it a bash with the 2008 rig ,but will take some time ,I have the bones in and asiened got the waiting to do.I had to add a spline in the shoulders but that hopefully won't be a problem.I have done the hat seperately Ill stick a bone or two in it .Have to see how the jacket tails go ,might be a bit of messing to get them working properly ,maybe bone them seperately aswell.Fingers are 3 and the rig has 4 so just egnored the middle finger hope it works .If your there Mark I could use some advice

Steve, there are some installation issues. It appears that you didn't scale a few bones correctly. There are bones out of position in the legs and hands. It seems you didn't scale the bones in the XYZ axis' equally, the only exception to this is the balance install bone (which looks as though you didn't scale that correctly either).

Steve, there are some installation issues. It appears that you didn't scale a few bones correctly. There are bones out of position in the legs and hands. It seems you didn't scale the bones in the XYZ axis' equally, the only exception to this is the balance install bone (which looks as though you didn't scale that correctly either).

hmmmmm

is it fixable?

AH again I strike ,would you fix it Mark and I had done the hands before you replyed so I left the midlle finger out ,but it seems to be working ok.What is the wrong stuff doing that I missed Mark

edit oh btw it wasn't equal the left side is out to the right side and the bones on the left wasn't asighned or waited so I done that after,could that be part of the problem

Ok I am losing my mind!

I fixed santa but when trying to rig him I could not find the 2008 rig instruction

although I have all the hxt's.

So I went with the TSM rig.

And it just seems no matter what I do it goes haywire!

At the moment I am extremely frustrated and ready to scrap this whole video!

I know I am horrible at rigging but I am sitting here trying my hardest to get it done and learn.

Is there a rigging for dummies book?

I really need to get good at rigging anyway.

santamyronnobonestsm.mdl

What am I doing wrong?

Not looking for someone else to do it, only to learn myself.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...