Hash, Inc. Forums

Keyframing a walk cycle

TNT

I am creating a walk cycle for my robot and am having a problem using "Paste Mirrored".

The walk cycle is 24 frames.

I have created the first 12 (one stride) the way I think I want it so far.

I have been careful not to place keys on channels if they are not needed.

The problem is, when I select "copy keyframe" at frame 1 and then "paste mirrored" at frame 13, AM is keying every channel that is previously keyed anywhere in the cycle and not just those keyed at frame 1.

I then have a lot of extra keys in the second half of the walk cycle which makes it difficult to tweak later on.

Is there a way to have AM "past mirrored" only the keys I have created at frame 1 to frame 13, 2 to 14, 3 to 15, and so on?

I went thru Robert's keyframing tut's which helped a lot but I did not see (or maybe understand) how to eliminate this problem.

Any help is appreciated,

post-10558-1254928880_thumb.jpg

• Hash Fellow

I haven't found a way to get consistent results when C/P/M ing less than the whole model.

There have been versions of A:M where this would work but not presently it seems. Maybe I've forgotten the right work flow.

If anyone knows,please chime in.

My immediate advice would be to do the whole body C/P/M and then immediately delete the keys you don't want. You can bounding box select many at once to delete them together.

Hey! I think I got it!

I am using rev 14c if that makes a difference.

It seems to work if I have "key single bone filter, translate filter, and rotate filter" selected at the bottom,

move to frame 1,

hold down the [ctrl] and select the bones I want to key in the PWS under the action,

select edit>Copy Keyframe,

move to frame 13,

select edit>paste mirrored.

I don't know it that works in other rev levels.

Maybe Robert can confirm if this is a good process???

Cheers,

• Hash Fellow
It seems to work if I have "key single bone filter, translate filter, and rotate filter" selected at the bottom,

move to frame 1,

hold down the [ctrl] and select the bones I want to key in the PWS under the action,

select edit>Copy Keyframe,

move to frame 13,

select edit>paste mirrored.

That's the way it should work for single bones, I can't get it to work in v15 however.