Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Activate an On/Off pose

MJL

I have a A:M model that came in a T pose. I made an On/Off pose to put the arms down into a more natural position to begin animating. The pose works in the relationship window. but in the chor the model is not responding. What do I do. Also, I would like to have the arms down pose to be the default position when I open up the model. I would like to know how to do each of these things separately.

Thank You for your help.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hash Fellow

There is a "pose" solution to your problem but you don't want an ON/OFF pose because that doesn't create any keys for the bones in the chor, just a ON/OFF key.

You want to make a draggable pose.

Also note that character arms are typically FK/IK switchable. A pose made for IK arms may not give much of a reuslt if the character is set to FK arms. And vice versa.

Include that FK/IK setting in your draggable pose

Click on the arrowhead next to your model's icon, in the PWS. This will expand to reveal various properties. Now expand the User Properties which will display all of the poses that you have created for that model. Turn your new pose ON and that will set it's default state.

Sometimes there are update issues with A:M where you don't actually see your changes migrate to the choreography. You can force them to update sometimes by pressing the spacebar a couple of times but other times you are best to get into the habit of saving and then reloading the project. Reloading forces a clean refresh of everything and will often suddenly fix a multitude of things that you thought you had fixed but continued to look bad, such as geometry tweaks, etc.

Thanks, Robcat & Paul,

I will digest your responses. I just found out that I had the pose turned on every where but in the Model itself under "Objects". That set it in the chor.

I will explore the draggable pose this evening. thanks again, guys.

Myron