Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Problem with dust tutorial

bossofme

I worked my way through the dust tutorial a couple of times and am having a problem with the constraint. When I select the "translate" to and select either toe bone the dust object does not move to the toe as it does in the video. It says it's attached in the project workspace but in the window workspace it is not near the toes. Is this a Vista thing or did I miss something? Do I need to just drag it to the toe bone?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I worked my way through the dust tutorial a couple of times and am having a problem with the constraint. When I select the "translate" to and select either toe bone the dust object does not move to the toe as it does in the video. It says it's attached in the project workspace but in the window workspace it is not near the toes. Is this a Vista thing or did I miss something? Do I need to just drag it to the toe bone?

This is new in the new version (we are not that happy about it neighter, but whatsoever).

You can get the old behaviour by holding shift down when appyling the constraint.

*Fuchur*

• Hash Fellow
I worked my way through the dust tutorial a couple of times and am having a problem with the constraint. When I select the "translate" to and select either toe bone the dust object does not move to the toe as it does in the video.

That tut was written before "Use Offsets" was made to turn on by default for every constraint. (The way it's usually wanted)

After you pick the constraint, turn off the "Use Offsets" button (you used it before in other tuts, it's at the top) then pick the constraint target.

Hi

Well I just posted the same comments on my other topic.

I tried that today on my PC and it didn't work but haven't played with it on the Mac.

I will work on this tonight and tomorrow and let you know what I find.

I don't think its a Mac/PC thing it's just a matter of the right procedure.