Hash, Inc. Forums

cartoon head

robvmonte

That's a great start - it would be really useful for those giving advice to see a wireframe so we can suggest better spline placement. The major problem I can see at the moment is that most of the splines end in the same area on the sides of the head. Here you should think back to your lathed head(s) and see how the splines work at the sides of the head in those models and try to combine that with what you've got here. In actual fact you could lathe the back half of the head and attach it to this. For example the horizontal splines in the forhead should form circles round the back of the head and then round to the front again.

If you post a wireframe it might be easier to explain.

In the modelling window press 'a' and you can click on a spline to add a new control point it, then click again to add a new cp etc. Take a look at page 85 onwards in the "Art of Animation Master" book for a better and more thorough description. It may be more useful to do the whole flower power tutorial first so you have a better idea of what tools are available to you before having another go at your face model.

I remember modelling appeared totally incomprehensible to me at first. Don't worry it gets ALOT easier to get your head around with practice.