Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Plompers

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looks good. I guess directors say "cut!" in German too?

Yep, its common in the movieindustry no matter where you go ;)

He says: "Cut, all back to the beginning / lets start again..."

Thanks for the comments ;)

It is meant to become a small series with him... till now it is only Take 1 so...

I just wanted to train my (close to not existing ;)) characteranimation-skills and wanted to have a story for that...

*Fuchur*

• 4 months later...
  • Admin

Nice one Fuchur! :)

He's a fun character.

Hope you do a lot more shorts with him like this one.

(One minor rant though... you've just got to do something with that ground plane! If nothing else view the Ground model from the side... extrude it and extend it upward so it blends in with the sky. Even if only a little.)

• 10 months later...
cute!

I am curious: How, or what did you do to get the "striped" type reflections?

It is a material. I used a checker-material and gave it a bump-value. Using materials to create bumps is always a good idea if you can. They are always without seams, etc. and can really easily be adjusted.

For the other materialproperties I created another material and used there a silver-like color (so something like grey), a reflectionvalue in combination with the Environment-Shader and an image. The image just uses a blury white sttrip on a black bakground. Like that you get a nice reflection on the object. I tend to use a reflection fall-off and a blend-value for the reflections to limit rendertime and get a more lifelike reflection.

Fist I tried a reflecting element, but I couldn't get that to work, so I didnt use that in this image.

The ground does his part on this little animation too. It is blended with a transparency-map so he fades out spherically to the borders. You can see the effect when the camera is slowly moving.

Then I used a light which is connected by a lightlist with the letters and shich gives me another helper. THe light is animated so that there is a great highly on the letters. and has specularity only.

*Fuchur*

strip_ref.png

strip_ref2.png

Neat character!!

A tip for editing - sounds come on or after what you see on the screen. When you see a "hit" on the screen, rule of thumb is the sound effect comes one frame later. Most of yours were before. (For example, in "Take 1," the sound effect for his hand hitting the words is about 2 frames before the actual hit. It should be 1 frame after.) This makes the audio track feel out of sync.

Keep up the good work!

It is a material. I used a checker-material and gave it a bump-value. Using materials to create bumps is always a good idea if you can. They are always without seams, etc. and can really easily be adjusted.

For the other materialproperties I created another material and used there a silver-like color (so something like grey), a reflectionvalue in combination with the Environment-Shader and an image. The image just uses a blury white sttrip on a black bakground. Like that you get a nice reflection on the object. I tend to use a reflection fall-off and a blend-value for the reflections to limit rendertime and get a more lifelike reflection.

Fist I tried a reflecting element, but I couldn't get that to work, so I didnt use that in this image.

The ground does his part on this little animation too. It is blended with a transparency-map so he fades out spherically to the borders. You can see the effect when the camera is slowly moving.

Then I used a light which is connected by a lightlist with the letters and shich gives me another helper. THe light is animated so that there is a great highly on the letters. and has specularity only.

Thanks for the info. Very interesting effect!

• 1 month later...
real nice

if you squeeze that guy will his eyes bulge out :)

Who knows? ;)

Anyway here comes take 3 of the Plompers!

If you didn't watch the first two, please do that before watching Take 3.

It is a continues storyline - but you can still watch each episode separated.

Link to PW3d: Work > Plompers Take 3

Have fun!

*Fuchur*

real nice

if you squeeze that guy will his eyes bulge out :)

Who knows? ;)

Anyway here comes take 3 of the Plompers!

If you didn't watch the first two, please do that before watching Take 3.

It is a continues storyline - but you can still watch each episode separated.

Link to PW3d: Work > Plompers Take 3

Have fun!

*Fuchur*

No comments on the third animation at all? Was it that bad?

*Fuchur*