Hash, Inc. Forums

Jing Screencapturing

• Admin

We've had several discussion of video sharing lately so I want to make sure everyone is aware of this resource as well.

Jing works with PCs and Macs and provides some storage space for you to share.

If anyone is able and willing to test out the possibilities of Jing I'm interested.

For those that need more service options/smaller file sizes than the basic Jing service provides Jing Pro is just under $15 a year.

http://www.jingproject.com/features/default.asp

Techsmith also has a 30 day trial of their Camtasia software.

If you need to capture video plan ahead and use every bit of that trial period.

Its a bit expensive for the hobbyist but I used the trial for a month, found it indespensible and purchased it.

Hi Rodney

gave it a try it's ok easy to use

but has limitations in the non pro version

saves to SWF files only, and there is a 5 min video limit on film capture settings

it's good in a pinch

j

bty i use a mac worked fine

• Admin

Thanks Jim!

I'm thinking Jing might be a satisfactory way to cover 'all others' who don't have screen capturing capabilities.

As you state it should work well in a pinch.

It might work well in a HelpDesk environment as well where troubleshooting footage shouldn't exceed 5 minutes.

I appreciate your time checking this out.

If you happen to be using a Mac I find that iShowU HD is the best "Free" screen capturer. You have many compressions codeks and options and you can record as long as you like with only a small watermark. You can also set it to display which buttons you are pressing as well as when and were you click your mouse.

Photoman

I appreciate your time checking this out.

anytime

If you happen to be using a Mac I find that iShowU HD is the best

cool i'll check that out

i have screen record on one of my mac but i wouldn't mind checking other options

thanks

If you happen to be using a Mac I find that iShowU HD is the best "Free" screen capturer. You have many compressions codeks and options and you can record as long as you like with only a small watermark. You can also set it to display which buttons you are pressing as well as when and were you click your mouse.

Photoman

CamStudio does all that without the watermark and it will use any codec you got on your PC with FFDshow installed (which is free too) and it even provides a codec for highquality video-capturing (not distribution but to edit with it).

Jing is nice, but has several drawbacks I dont like. Flash is nice, but only a real h264 is really well suited for videocaptures. Flash can do h264, but most software creating flashmovie cant and will still use On2 or even Sorenson...

Camstudio is really a nice programm for screencaptures... it doesnt have many drawbacks to camtasia studio but it is free. I really like it.

*Fuchur*