Hash, Inc. Forums

Odd Hips Bouncing Issue

flashawd

Hello - I am creating a character for a client, which I actually cannot show, so hopefully this makes sense to someone. I created him, added a rig, did the smartskinning and pulled the character into a choreograph. When I select the hip bone and move the character up and down (bending knees) it has an odd movement - the lower body seems to sit there, while the upper body moves down and goes into the mess of the lower body - kind of a delayed reaction (when I render it, it dows the same thing). When I select the hip bone and move it up and down in a chor or an action, the body almost acts like a soft rubber ball - stretching and squashing... this issue has never happened to me - hopefully I am not the only one that has run into this... it's very weird - I swear this isn't in my head and I haven't been smoking anything. ;-)

Thanks for any help or suggestions - Eric

First, what rig are we talking about, Eric? Second, have you assigned your CP's to the correct bones? The delay and weirdness could also be caused by a circularity error in the rig...is it installed correctly?

Have you checked your Smartskins? There may be things that you unintentionally edited in one of them.