Hash, Inc. Forums

Water Craft

aduenez

Hello All,

Here are a couple of water craft that I will be using for my film school portfolio project that I will begin here in a couple of months. The project will be an adventure movie trailer. The first two models of the film look simple but have had their problems. One problem is straight panel lines on curved surfaces. :angry:

I have used the texture "EDIT" and that works great but there are still some problem areas. I think it is is my approach that I need to rethink. Any way, I would appreciate your input.

Thanks

AD

Ooops I think my image was too big. Here is a substitute image. I hope this one works.

Sorry

Hello All,

Here are a couple of water craft that I will be using for my film school portfolio project that I will begin here in a couple of months. The project will be an adventure movie trailer. The first two models of the film look simple but have had their problems. One problem is straight panel lines on curved surfaces.

I have used the texture "EDIT" and that works great but there are still some problem areas. I think it is is my approach that I need to rethink. Any way, I would appreciate your input.

Thanks

AD

post-7-1076716991.jpg

Now the image is too small. They look pretty cool but it's hard to tell because it's so small.

Textures on mechanical images will almost always have some problem areas. You either live with it or paint decals to give you the exact effect you want

Hello again,

Here is the image with the assigned mapping coordinates. I mapped the hull with a large map. I split the the hull into three parts: 1 the top 1 lower left half and 3 the lower right. There are problem areas that cause my panel lines to wobble. So my question is; was this the best approach in mapping this mode?

Thanks,

AD

post-7-1077116439.jpg

nice ships you got there....

from my experience with ships I prefer to model ships in parts, I will maybe break the big craft into 3 parts front / cockpit / tailend... This way you have more control over the texturing and the textures would not wobble... But your texture looks good so far.

maybe at the end there is not enough splines, causing it to wobble.

I would also like to know the solution to this.