Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

jumping on a box and jumping off again

• Hash Fellow

I've been trying to animate something like this in 2D, so i made this little study in A:M to better understand the timing and poses.

I've written some notes on it so you can see some of my reasoning in working thru it.

X = extreme poses

B = breakdown poses. These are added after the extremes to add overlap between poses or to make arcs better

stuff in green is extra polishing things

jumpnotes.mov

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin

Nice one Robert!

I was especially pleased to see the inclusion of your 'stretch to ground' frame accenting contact with the ground.

Thats such an important frame as it allows the moment of contact to properly read during animation.

• 1 month later...

That is really well done. There is a 2d animation package I used in the past called Moho, now it's called Anime. The drawing tools are kinda funky but actually work much like the splines here or you can import illustrator files. You can also animate bitmaps. It has rigging much like this also.

Fun little program but I think they cranked up the cost on it.

• Hash Fellow
Do you use Flash

For the 2D? I've been using something called "Toonboom Studio" and "Plastic Animation Paper" (just the free version). Neither is ideal and either has things I wish the other had.