Hash, Inc. Forums

credit sequence

So, I just finished a banzai weekend doing the 48hr film project. Among other things (I was the DP) it was my job to do the credit sequence. The trick was that although I was allowed to create objects and images ahead of time, the animation all had to be completed within the 48 hrs. In fact, because I was DP, and due to the nature of the project, I actually had to create them Sunday morning. My solution was to do a credit sequence that required very little keyframing and used simcloth to do the hard labor. I am attaching the final sequence and the project (minus images) ready to simulate.

I thought this came out pretty cool.

endcred_low.mov

credit_sequence.prj

Ive been looking at your prj to try to understand cloth but can't see where to simulate to make it work .Iv obviusly got a long way to go learning this stuff lol

Steve,

Highlight the choreography in the PWS, right click, select plugins from the drop down and choose simulate simcloth.

Congratulations. That really looks nice and is good use of the technology. With only hours to render, you got to make some choices.

I was on a team here in Seattle for the 48hr film festival and produced a few seconds of animation for our short.

Good luck. Maybe our films will go head-to-head in the city competitions.