Hash, Inc. Forums

johnL3D's water test

robcat2075

• Hash Fellow
I think blobbies would make great realistic water with the right material applied I was going to try this but my machine is a little too slow so I've posted my test project and a default render to show what I mean and am wondering if anyone would like to render it and post the results. There is no material on this test just some attribute settings.

http://johnl.inform.net/pages/blobwater.htm

I tried running A:M in the background and did the first 60 even frames at 320x240. Render times went from 4 mins at start to 40 mins at end.

It's quite a globulous liquid! It sort of resembles oil in water.

(QT Sorenson3 123KB)

water30.mov

It would make a pretty good chocolate malt.

Here's a thought. The v11 hair looks and behaves a lot like water in some ways. Has anyone else noticed how hair can look like whitecaps on waves and hair plugs like ocean spray? I did tried making a waterfall with an hair, but soon discovered the guides didn't animate directly. Maybe when collisions detection becomes part of the system, hair might lend itself to frivolous aquatic pursuits.

Perhaps with the combined brainpower of the A:M masters and programmers a real fluid dynamic method will be developed. :)