Hash, Inc. Forums

Questionmark and cropped action

jakerupert

--What is that questionmark for in the actionobjects or materials for example?

Does it say something is missing?

Seems nothing is really affected by it....

Can anybody clarify this please

--Also: Why can a cropped action not be copied multiple times into the same channel?

I wonder, if it really is necesary to copy the action onto the model every time you need it newly again?

• Hash Fellow
--Also: Why can a cropped action not be copied multiple times into the same channel?

I guess you mean something other tha simple repeating.

I believe you can use the ease channel on an action to replay any or all of an action. This would be a similar result to having several of the action on the same channel.

Why can a cropped action not be copied multiple times into the same channel?

I guess you mean something other tha simple repeating.

It seems maybe he *is* looking for a way to repeat a cropped action multiple times.

Just select the action shortcut in the chor and set the value for "Repeat" to however many times you want it to repeat. This works for cropped actions as well as actions that are not cropped. However, in most cases, the frame that a cropped action ends on will probably not line up well with the first frame of the action, so the action may "pop" when it loops. If you want to repeat an action many times in a chor, it is usually a good idea to make the action in the Action window so the last frame and the first frame are the same, so it loops seamlessly.

>It seems maybe he *is* looking for a way to repeat a cropped action multiple times.

Just select the action shortcut in the chor and set the value for "Repeat" to however many times you want it to repeat.

inbetween the cropped actions.

No knowledge about the questionmarks anybody?

• Hash Fellow

inbetween the cropped actions.

Ease.

If your action doesn't have "Stride Length" use the Ease to repeat, crop, accellerate any action as much as you want.

I turned OFF "Has Stride Length" in thom's walk action here. The ease channel wont' appear if it is ON.

If your action has to have stride length (like a walk cycle) , then use the ease in the path constraint instead.

ActionEase.prj

actionEaseMP4.mov

actionEase.png

But, what do the question marks mean?

As far as I know nothing... it is not a notice or something. Just the standardicon for Actionobjects.

*Fuchur*

For me a questionmark would suggest, that something is missing, wouldn`t it?

Questinmarkmat.jpg

>Ease.

If your action doesn't have "Stride Length" use the Ease to repeat, crop, accellerate any action as much as you want.

I turned OFF "Has Stride Length" in thom's walk action here. The ease channel wont' appear if it is ON.

If your action has to have stride length (like a walk cycle) , then use the ease in the path constraint instead.

Thanks a lot.

Sometimes you dont see the wood, because of too many trees (german saying)

Safed me from my clumsy workaround (having one extra action for each blink (silly me))

ClumsyWorkaround.jpg

• Hash Fellow

For me a questionmark would suggest, that something is missing, wouldn`t it?

I've noticed that things that are question marks don't always stay question marks so I decided that it's just A:M's way of saying "I haven't figured out what this is yet. Come back tomorrow and I'll put a nice icon there."

• Hash Fellow
Safed me from my clumsy workaround (having one extra action for each blink (silly me))

However, using multiple actions would let you use A:M's "transition to next action" feature between each one. Depending on what the action was, that might be difficult to simulate with "ease".