Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Using only part of a head/face rig

Gerry

In rigging the face of my Skarab character I'm running into more self-imposed problems with rigging. I've downloaded and experimented with the Lite Face rig and Steve's Head Gizmo but I don't see a clear solution.

Because Skarab's anatomy is so non-standard, I realize that I need to rig the eyes and eyebrows from scratch, which is no big thing. I'm *pretty* sure I can get them to do what I want (i.e., open and close eyelids, aim eyes, move eyebrows up and down). But I'm not seeing a way to use just parts of those rigs and ignore/delete others. I'd like to use the mouth/face parts of a rig so that I have access to good mouth, tongue and phoneme controls, but replace the eye/eyebrow controls with my own parts. I feel like I'm going to break something by doing this.

Is it possible to use only parts of these rigs without messing something up?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If your head has only two eyes that need to look/blink etc, you can use LiteFace on it without much modification no matter how non-standard it is. Did you read the installation instructions?

With LiteFace, you can just delete the bones and face controls you don't want. You should save a different version of your model at each step so you can easily go back if you delete something you later discover you want to keep.