Hash, Inc. Forums

FACE interface

Tunames

Is "head_geom " ok? If not can I change the name to "head" in an already rigged model? or do I add a bone named head and constrain it to head_geom?

You can temporarily rename "head_geom" to "head", install FACE, then rename it back to "head_geom", or you can just add a "head" bone and constrain it to the "head_geom" bone. Or you could do a search and replace in the FACE installation models making "head" change to "head_geom".

Hope that helps.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I finally got started every thing installed ok started assinging cp's opened an action to check my work and the interface was backwards! Its actually behind the character facing back...where could I have gone wrong?...Any ideas ? I don't want to start over till I figure out what I did wrong. I'm guessing with the resetting of the compensates....

I finally got started every thing installed ok started assinging cp's opened an action to check my work and the interface was backwards! Its actually behind the character facing back...where could I have gone wrong?...Any ideas ? I don't want to start over till I figure out what I did wrong. I'm guessing with the resetting of the compensates....

There are some compensates on the "FACE Interface - Master" in the "FACE Interface/Constraints (do not touch)/Face Control Constraints" Pose...resetting those should fix it.

Hope that helps.

Got it! It wasn't the compensates it was the target. For the 2008 rig I changed target to head_controller. Another question though where does the z_switch_Face bone go? or rather where should it be positioned?

Is there a bone named "z_switch_FACE" (I may not be remembering correctly)? I know there are "z_switch_FACE_mover" and "z_interface_switch_FACE". The "mover" is used to position the "Blink" and "aim at master eye target" FACE controls (select the bone, hit the "N" key, hold down the "Ctrl" key and translate the bone or use the Poses in the "Animation_Controls/FACE Interface/Customize_interface/Blink_aim_at_master_eye_target" folder in the "Properties" for the model). If you look at Squetchy Sam, he has everything set up for his face.

Also, for the 2008 Rig, you should make the target for the FACE controls the "Head_Geom" bone because it stays with the head.

Hope that helps.

"z_switch_face" is in the installation pose sliders. I'm not sure where to postion it on the face its self. I'm starting over I couldn't get the eyes to work! The Master_Eyetarget, z-center_eye_aiming_bone and eye_null or something like that are between the knees I can't move the eyes at all.(outside some limits maybe?). So I deleted everything and started over. Thanks for all the quick responses.......I may need a refresher course on resetting compensates:)

"z_switch_face" is in the installation pose sliders. I'm not sure where to postion it on the face its self. I'm starting over I couldn't get the eyes to work! The Master_Eyetarget, z-center_eye_aiming_bone and eye_null or something like that are between the knees I can't move the eyes at all.(outside some limits maybe?). So I deleted everything and started over. Thanks for all the quick responses.......I may need a refresher course on resetting compensates:)

I've got the present rig that hasn't been released yet...no compensates to reset. I can make a standalone FACE from that, it should make things easier.

David I dl'd the above and am trying to get it working but not sure Im doing this right ,it looks wrong.I put the setting to the face interface master z to the same as the head bone ,is this how it should be or did I do it wrong please

It's got a few things wrong, Steve. If you either send me the model or post it, I'll take a look at it.

• 4 weeks later...

David

Thanks again for all your past help one more question I want to use the standalone FACE interface with the 2008 rig with just the tongue bones do I use your newest version(12 10 2009) and delete the bones or use the last version(12 05 2007B) without bones?

David

Thanks again for all your past help one more question I want to use the standalone FACE interface with the 2008 rig with just the tongue bones do I use your newest version(12 10 2009) and delete the bones or use the last version(12 05 2007B) without bones?

I posted an updated set of FACE installations here that now has a version with just the tongue and eyes.

Hope that helps, Steve.