Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Trying to shift all keyframes over 100 frames

strohbehn

This should be simple. I started my chor animations at frame 0 and now want to shift everything over to start at frame 100. In the PWS graph I switched to key mode and tried to select everything by dragging a box around all the keys, then hit the right arrow key to shift them. The problem is that there are about 6 channels that won't shift. They are user properties (poses) that turn IK hands on and off, a null's translation keys, and camera translation keys, among others.

I've tried everything I can think of, including the "Move Keys" command, and those few channel's keys still will not move. Any suggestions?

Using V15.0e on WinXP

Thanks!

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This should be simple. I started my chor animations at frame 0 and now want to shift everything over to start at frame 100. In the PWS graph I switched to key mode and tried to select everything by dragging a box around all the keys, then hit the right arrow key to shift them. The problem is that there are about 6 channels that won't shift. They are user properties (poses) that turn IK hands on and off, a null's translation keys, and camera translation keys, among others.

I've tried everything I can think of, including the "Move Keys" command, and those few channel's keys still will not move. Any suggestions?

Using V15.0e on WinXP

Thanks!

Did you turn on all the filters in the left_down_corner?

*Fuchur*

Did you turn on all the filters in the left_down_corner?

*Fuchur*

Yes. All of the filters I originally used for keying (everything but muscle and bias) are turned on. I tried turning those two on as a test and it still didn't work.

• Hash Fellow

In V13 I can move multiple keys (including pose keys) as long as I don't select any Pose ON/OFF keys at 00:00

a Pose ON/OFF key at 00:00 seems to act like an anchor preventing the others from moving.

Aside... be careful when shift-selecting keys. Shift-selecting additional keys can sometime cause previously selected keys to get unselected. Make sure everything you want to move is green before you start sliding things around.

In V13 I can move multiple keys (including pose keys) as long as I don't select any Pose ON/OFF keys at 00:00

a Pose ON/OFF key at 00:00 seems to act like an anchor preventing the others from moving.

That's exactly what I'm seeing, Robert, but can't figure out a way around it yet. Tried deleting the 00:00 key first, then shifting.... no luck. Tried copying all keys from that channel, deleting old ones, then pasting at frame 100... no luck. hmmmm???

Success!!!

Robert was right about a 00:00 keyframe anchoring and preventing a shift of keys for these On/Off poses and certain others in the PWS timeline. What worked was to select the desired channel in the PWS, with the "All" folder (at the top of the PWS) selected. Then switch to the "Selected" folder (so now your previously selected channel(s) are isolated from the rest. Then select all of the keys except for the one at 00:00 and use the MOUSE, NOT the arrow key, to move the keyframes to the right. Crazy, but it worked for me.

Thanks for the help, guys!

Mark