Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Just got this!

Dalton

How easy it to learn on?

What I wish to learn in using this product is the basics (if not most) 3D animation.

I have a good sense for animation, I used to do 2D using programs like EZtoon, Pivot, and Flash 8.

Do you think I will be able to pick up on the normal motions of this program in about a month?

Usually, I don't keep my expectations high, so I don't get frustrated, and this is no exception, but the look of the program is promising.

EDIT: Could anyone point me in the way of a guide? Or is the Extras DVD sufficient?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hash Fellow

Welcome to A:M!

How easy it to learn on?

What I wish to learn in using this product is the basics (if not most) 3D animation.

I have a good sense for animation, I used to do 2D using programs like EZtoon, Pivot, and Flash 8.

A:M is a great 3D animation program and much fine animation has been done with it. If you know 2D animation principles you will find them useful in making good animation.

However, You will find that some of the nuts and bolts and how-tos of 3D animation will take some adapting to.

Do you think I will be able to pick up on the normal motions of this program in about a month?

Usually, I don't keep my expectations high, so I don't get frustrated, and this is no exception, but the look of the program is promising.

I think it takes most people more than 1 month.

EDIT: Could anyone point me in the way of a guide? Or is the Extras DVD sufficient?

The best place to start is "The Art of Animation:Master" (TAoA:M) the Booklet (or pdf file if you bought the download version of A:M) that has about 12 introductory exercises on how to use different parts of A:M. Do them to get to know the program, and do them so you know the basic vocabulary so you can ask questions here on the forum and people will know what you are asking about.

There's more to know than what is in TAoA:M but that is a good starting place. After that we can point you to other resources.

Welcome Dalton

This is a great program and it is much easier to work with than Maya or some of the other big guns out there. All the tuts are great and easy to follow.

I have had this for less than a year and modeled, rigged and animated my own stuff and for me thats says a lot.

The best thing you can learn to help is the 'keyboard short cuts' made a world of difference for me.

AND BY ALL MEANS use this forum, ALL these folks are great to help and give advice.

Wally

Hi Dalton and welcome to the forums! This place is packed with helpful users, and the most gratifying part is to see folks who were newbies just a couple of months ago start answering and helping folks with their own knowledge. So stick around!

A couple of us '10 year A:M veterans' were recently noticing how we are still learning 'little things' and have yet to wander into major areas...after TEN years!!! The program is deep, but it IS friendly. I had an intern last summer who 'took a shining' to A:M and I was amazed at what he was doing after just 2 weeks. 1 month is a little ambitious... I suppose if you EMERGED yourself into it and shut the curtains on your normal life...

WELCOME