Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Eat My Dust tutorial

banditsgirl

I have tried the "Eat My Dust" tutorial several times, and I can't seem to make it work. I use the constraint picker to select the bone for the left foot just as the manual says, but the dust sphere will not move to the edge of the foot. It stubbornly floats near the thigh. I was able to drag the dust sphere once but now I can't figure out how I got that to work. I watched the video tutorial and the dust sphere naturally snaps right onto the bone when the user clicks on it. But mine wont do that. Has anyone else experienced this issue? I'm using V15.0.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have tried the "Eat My Dust" tutorial several times, and I can't seem to make it work. I use the constraint picker to select the bone for the left foot just as the manual says, but the dust sphere will not move to the edge of the foot. It stubbornly floats near the thigh. I was able to drag the dust sphere once but now I can't figure out how I got that to work. I watched the video tutorial and the dust sphere naturally snaps right onto the bone when the user clicks on it. But mine wont do that. Has anyone else experienced this issue? I'm using V15.0.

before you click on the bone in the foot you need to turn off compensate mode. It is the little button with grey and red boxes next to the magnet button.

• Hash Fellow

Yes, turn off compensate. In versions before V15 that button was off by default, but there weren't many circumstances in which you'd want to make a constraint without it, so in V15 it was changed to ON by default.

You found the one situation in which you don't want it on.