Hash, Inc. Forums

new model

I am creating a basic male model for future modification and reference. It is also a possiblility that I will use this for an advertisement for a medical company and they want a basic model that can demonstrate the medical device that they are making. I have started on the face and have it shaped pretty well but it still needs a lot of tweaking. Please let me know how I can improve it. I have included 3 pictures of the face below. Thanks helping out!

post-11452-1242486328_thumb.jpg

post-11452-1242486382_thumb.jpg

post-11452-1242486393_thumb.jpg

I added a spline around the eyebrows and the cheeks. I also attatched the ears and worked on the neck and head. That spline helps to better shape the forehead as well as allow for better animation. thanks for the tip.

post-11452-1242499727_thumb.jpg

post-11452-1242499741_thumb.jpg

Add the neck so we can actually tell how pointed the chin really is.

Perhaps another spline ring across his forehead but you could produce some animation with the current layout and see where the model falls short of your expectations. Just get the head roughly finished and rig it for testing purposes. It is all good practice and you will learn alot about rigging and splining and can then go back and refine the model.

---------

Edit: Oop! You posted while I was typing. It looks like you know what you are doing. Just keep going.

thanks for all the kind words. The face itself will not be animated. The purpose of the model is to show how a medical device would attach to the body, and I just need a good looking simple model to showcase it.

Ok so I copied the body from one of my older models and tweaked it to work with this head. I added the collar bones and worked on the torso muscles. I still need to model the toes. Any comments are appreciated.

post-11452-1242787511_thumb.jpg

Here is the wire frame.

HI MasterFunk thanks for uploaded the wire frame...I´m sorry, I was confused :huh: ...I didn´t see You uploaded The face wireframe first ...I apologize :( ...the face is what I want to comment for now...cheers

Hi MasterFunk, here are 6 comments I Think could help :) ...

1.-this hook could produce some Wrinkles when animate I advise to continuous to nasal septum.

2.- to move just a little this control points to avoid this small cleft.

3.-select these control points and press "P" to mark the edge of the lips.

4.-to continuous the splines around the mouth.

5.-just move this point and add other to continuous whit the hook near to the ear.

6.-to move just a little this control point to give volume at the mouth.

I hope to help a little ;) and my language be understandable as well...greetings

post-628-1243042563_thumb.jpg

Hi MasterFunk, here are 6 comments I Think could help :) ...

1.-this hook could produce some Wrinkles when animate I advise to continuous to nasal septum.

2.- to move just a little this control points to avoid this small cleft.

3.-select these control points and press "P" to mark the edge of the lips.

4.-to continuous the splines around the mouth.

5.-just move this point and add other to continuous whit the hook near to the ear.

6.-to move just a little this control point to give volume at the mouth.

I hope to help a little ;) and my language be understandable as well...greetings

I added all of your suggestions except for the peaking of the lips. It made the mouth look too sharp. Your other suggestions were very helpful in making the face fuller. It looks a lot more natural now. Thanks

post-11452-1243050867_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...