Hash, Inc. Forums

simCloth

mschoenhals

Hi all,

Trying to create a blanket over a character in bed and having all sorts of problems with the mesh passing through the blanket. I've been reading through the forums and found reference to Solver Precision which I cannot find. Anyone know where that is? Also, the forums suggest changing the polygon modifier/Simcloth but when I right click a model in the choreography no option show's up under polygon modifier (that is, no simcloth option).

Any suggestions?

I'm still using v12w (yes, I need to upgrade!)

• Hash Fellow

"Polygon Modifier" is obsolete and doesn't exist under A:M's Simcloth anymore. I'm not even sure what it did.

Pass thrus... first tactic... increase collision distance. There may be a "normal" direction issue

I've had success with scaling models larger so that large collision distances appeared small.

http://www.hash.com/forums/index.php?s=&am...st&p=279088

Simcloth in 12w... not sure about that.

"Polygon Modifier" is obsolete and doesn't exist under A:M's Simcloth anymore. I'm not even sure what it did.

First SimCloth was implemented as a Function working with Polygones, so patches needed to be recreated as Polygones and that was wherefor you needed Polygon Modifiers... but it didnt work out too well and so SimCloth was reprogrammed to be functional with Patches too and today we dont need Polygon Modifiers for that anymore. It is still there so for plugin-developers who may need it in future.

*Fuchur*