Hash, Inc. Forums

a new character

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hola Sabino , excelente trabajo en todos tus modelos, acabo de ver el nuevo personaje esta genial espero poder trabajar con el en Motion Mx,,,.. Saludos.

Hi Nino, excellent work here, all your models are great,. I just seen the new character of the boy and it´s great too, I´m waiting for use it here on MotionMx, Saludos...

Hola Sabino , excelente trabajo en todos tus modelos, acabo de ver el nuevo personaje esta genial espero poder trabajar con el en Motion Mx,,,.. Saludos.

Hi Nino, excellent work here, all your models are great,. I just seen the new character of the boy and it´s great too, I´m waiting for use it here on MotionMx, Saludos...

Hola jesus gracias por tu comentario, el modelo esta terminado listo para lo que sigue, aqui pongo un mov , saludos

Hi Jaff thanks for your comments, the modeling is finished, so this character is ready for the next step, here I upload a turnable mov, greetings

pepito_ok1.mov

• 2 weeks later...
HA! I Like Pepito!

thaks for comment John

yesterday I was Thinking about how many characters has been done in AM... and I really don´t have an idea , I guess they are so many..so I upload a mov whit some characters that I modeled since the v8.5...it could be a good idea that someone else put characters in a mov as well..it will be interesting to see a lot or them... :)

That's quite a variety of characters!

good job!

Teriffic charectors ,a lota work there and there all very diferant

Wow! These characters are awesome. Great work!

Those would make a cool looking action figure.

What a crowd! Very nice models!

Michel

thanks to everybody for the comments :)

The circus has come to town! :D

Are these all for one project?

Hi Paul, they was for different projects, so I started modeling some of them since 2003

• 1 year later...

Well finally I´m keep ahead with this character so is one of my 2011 plans to do in 3d..I did a little changes since the last time, changed the wires and colors, so the colors is for have view references, later I´m going to work some decals for it like color, bump, normal, etc...and I need to see the new AM features for the v16, and to do a history to animate...here are the updates... :)

post-628-1295541441_thumb.jpg

post-628-1295541461_thumb.jpg

That looks great!

you are the muscle master ;)

:) thanks cronos, I don`t think so, I need to much to learn about...but think I´m in the way...very appreciate your comment

:) gracias compañero no lo creo asi pero hacemos la lucha, agradezco su comentario

Love the stylized anatomy. It gives tons of character to the model.

Have you boned it yet?

I would love to see how you animate him given the size of his shoulder area. I have a similar model and his trapezius doesn't look right in certain postions.

no It does not have bones yet, the rigging is the last part I use to work on the model...I think it will give me some troubles to animate for the wires, so there will be a good solution to resolve them ...well, I hope so

Great stuff, Sabino!

Thanks David

I'd love to see him go head-to-head in a match with Will Sutton's latest character!

:) Thanks

She is sexy yet scarey

wonderful!

thanks The Spleen...I think is a special model woman´s characteristic that we can use... :) thanks for comment

That's quite a cast of characters you have there!

I like your use of Sub Surface Scattering and musculature.

I can only assume there is a wrestling theme in here somewhere... or is it straight up superheroes?

Hi Rodney.. really I´m thinking about a superheroes history...I mean they are going to fly and having special powers...maybe the man will have wings like marvel´s character hawkman or something like this...later I´m going to do a storyboard of the story I´m thinking of...thanks for comment

Love the stylized anatomy. It gives tons of character to the model.

Have you boned it yet?

I would love to see how you animate him given the size of his shoulder area. I have a similar model and his trapezius doesn't look right in certain postions.

really I used to do the rigging at the final...so you make me think about the good function of some body parts like the trapezius, shoulders, torso, buttocks, etc ...I think is a good idea to Rigging for do some tests...I mean it´s time to see how they looks animated...so let´s go rigging ...thanks for comment :)

I did some basic controls to the man model ...just to see how he looks animated... there are some details to fix...so this toon render is a test to check out the basic controls, I´m think is ok for now...I´m going to update more advances later...any comment is welcome...greetings :)

TEST_BASIC_CONTROLS_1.mov

it reminds me of the Justice League Heroes

:)

good work

I like it!

Thanks for yous comments, ludo_si and nancy...so I changed my mind about the wings for this character. basicly for two reasons...the first I think this kind of wings are not the best for the personality he has...and the second and more important, they have a lot of work for texture and animate...so here are the new kind of wings I think are the best for the reasons that I said....what do you think?...greetings

post-628-1296520748_thumb.jpg

so here are the new kind of wings I think are the best for the reasons that I said....what do you think?...greetings

I like both kinds. The "angel wings" gave him one personality, and it was more surprising, and different, which is what I liked about it. The "bat wings" are great too, and probably fit his style, personality in a more consistent, expected way. Very well done!

• Admin

Hmmm.... interesting.

At first I thought I liked the angel wings but after staring for awhile find the bat wings tend to fit the character.

Perhaps there is enough room within your story for both (a way to split this guy into two characters if only temporarily)?

Perhaps the feather winged one is his ghostly/angelic persona or they are (somehow) two different characters.

I have to go with the "angel wings". I think they are the better contrast vs. his helmet, especially if he is a villian.

Now the "bat wings" are not as majestic, but that's where they have some contrast too. Go smaller. It would be cool (depending on the tone of the story) to have this huge hulking figure with these "tiny" wings strong enough to support his weight....lol

so here are the new kind of wings I think are the best for the reasons that I said....what do you think?...greetings

I like both kinds. The "angel wings" gave him one personality, and it was more surprising, and different, which is what I liked about it. The "bat wings" are great too, and probably fit his style, personality in a more consistent, expected way. Very well done!

Thanks Nancy, you know, when I started to modeling this character I had an history ...so, maybe could be a great idea to have both options and to change the history...I mean, two character with different kind of wings... :)

Hmmm.... interesting.

At first I thought I liked the angel wings but after staring for awhile find the bat wings tend to fit the character.

Perhaps there is enough room within your story for both (a way to split this guy into two characters if only temporarily)?

Perhaps the feather winged one is his ghostly/angelic persona or they are (somehow) two different characters.

thanks Rodney...I´m going to consider this..so It could be a great idea to use two different characters... :)

I have to go with the "angel wings". I think they are the better contrast vs. his helmet, especially if he is a villian.

Now the "bat wings" are not as majestic, but that's where they have some contrast too. Go smaller. It would be cool (depending on the tone of the story) to have this huge hulking figure with these "tiny" wings strong enough to support his weight....lol

good observation paradymx...Thanks :)

Bat wings do suit the character better, but agreed with paradymx - go smaller like cherub wings. Or go bigger! Right now they're kind of neutral sized, and don't quite seem right... their size isn't stylized like the character is.

post-12648-1296576188_thumb.jpgpost-12648-1296576196_thumb.jpg

you`re right Meowx, I´m going a change the wings for bigger ones. I going to upload some changes later...thanks :)

Cool character! :D

I quite liked the idea of tiny little angel wings flapping away like mad, with infatigable goodness, trying to support this great, dark bulk of aggression beneath it. I liked the irony, the dichotomy, the inner conflict of the character.

Big bat wings are good too and unify the nature of the character, much better for a superhero of unswerving determination and cold, dark manner! :)

Cool character! :D

I quite liked the idea of tiny little angel wings flapping away like mad, with infatigable goodness, trying to support this great, dark bulk of aggression beneath it. I liked the irony, the dichotomy, the inner conflict of the character.

Big bat wings are good too and unify the nature of the character, much better for a superhero of unswerving determination and cold, dark manner! :)

Hi Paul , good concepts...is amazing how every mind has a different sense at the same character...thanks for comment... :)

well I did some changes to the models keeping in mind your help...so here are the updates...an image in differents views...just keep working on them...

thanks to everybody for the comments... ;)

post-628-1296921848_thumb.jpg

• Admin

Looking good! You've got me intrigued about these characters.

To complete the feather-look you may be able to set the Ambiance Color to light blue or grey and then set the Diffuse color to white. Adjusting the Fall Off and Blend would then yield a feathery looking surface color. Of course a little displacement map on the wings indicating the feathers would take it to the next level. The primary reason I suggest the ambiance though is is to keep the wings from getting too dark in shadows.

At first for the Batwings I was thinking that Sub Surface Scattering would be ideal but I'm not sure you want the additional render hit. Perhaps for publicity photos you could use that. ayering in some color and a slight feel of translucency via image maps might produce a similar effect. (For speed I'm thinking faking that via layered image maps would be ideal). In other words, render once with SSS and then use that SSS as a decal.

Forgive the failed attempt but see the attached for the general direction I was thinking for color.

At a distance pure ambient white and pure black would probably work just as well.

When in doubt... simple is better.

wings000.jpg

The one suggestion I have is to add another spline ring to the shoulders on the guys...they lose their roundness when lowering the arms at this point.

Looks great so far, Sabino!

You are Right, so, I have thinking to correct that part in the rig... I mean adding some smartskin, fan bone or CP weights at the final...so , there are many troubles like this in the models... the rigg is not finished yet...by the way I wonder if you could give me some tips that help me to correct this troubles I hope you could.. :) I admire the way you resolved troubles like that in the squetch rig...for me it is one of the best rig I have seen in this forum...I am doing this project in my spare time so I did not having time to study the squetch rig...so I am doing it at the easy way for save time ... I am using the rig that I know better---thanks for all David

Looking good! You've got me intrigued about these characters.

To complete the feather-look you may be able to set the Ambiance Color to light blue or grey and then set the Diffuse color to white. Adjusting the Fall Off and Blend would then yield a feathery looking surface color. Of course a little displacement map on the wings indicating the feathers would take it to the next level. The primary reason I suggest the ambiance though is is to keep the wings from getting too dark in shadows.

At first for the Batwings I was thinking that Sub Surface Scattering would be ideal but I'm not sure you want the additional render hit. Perhaps for publicity photos you could use that. ayering in some color and a slight feel of translucency via image maps might produce a similar effect. (For speed I'm thinking faking that via layered image maps would be ideal). In other words, render once with SSS and then use that SSS as a decal.

Forgive the failed attempt but see the attached for the general direction I was thinking for color.

At a distance pure ambient white and pure black would probably work just as well.

When in doubt... simple is better.

thanks for this advices Rodney, they are very useful...I am going to model some feathers and apply some decals on it later..the way I did the wings is only for reference...thanks for your help

Looking really good, Sabino! :)

I agree with David that the shoulder splines could use a bit of tweaking to get rid of that ridge.

Great looking superheros!

I agree, be sure I am going to add ones...you know I have 2 histories for animate...in the first one the characters are going to be superheros, but for the second one they are going to be more like angels and demons...so I think firstly I`m going to animate the second one...thanks Paul :)

Wonderful job!

Reminds me of "Kingdom O' Magic"

thank for your comment TheSpleen :)