Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

a new character

Hi to all, I´m modeling a new character it´s kinda superhero whit big muscles in a cartooning style, here are some screen captures, working the middle copy and paste to see how it looks for now, any comments are welcome :)

post-628-1241464003_thumb.jpg

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

those are some PERVERSE proportions! I love it! THIS is what I was trying to do several years ago with my CRIMEBOMB character, but I did not have the 'nuance muscular detailing ability' that you have... you obviously referred to some reference and have done your anatomy homework...keep it up!

(Glad to see in the 2nd images that he lost the 'camel-toe')

Thanks a lot for all your comments,

those are some PERVERSE proportions! I love it! THIS is what I was trying to do several years ago with my CRIMEBOMB character, but I did not have the 'nuance muscular detailing ability' that you have... you obviously referred to some reference and have done your anatomy homework...keep it up!

thanks John you´re right I saw a lot of references about anatomy, I got a picture at google that help me a lot, I don´t remember where downloaded it, I don´t have link, sorry about it,here is the image.

For me the hardest part of the body to modeling, is the face, ´cause the face has a lot of work if the character is going to be animated...keep in mind to make good poses to easy express emotions etc...here is the progress to modeling the face , just did the middle, copy and pasted to see how it looks again...(forgive my English)

post-628-1241549338_thumb.jpg

post-628-1241549395_thumb.jpg

He looks great and certainly more appealing than the reference image. :)

Thanks for your comment Paul...Here is the last progress...I made small changes to the character ..trying to keep the same appeal ... the next step is modeling some clothing...an helmet...a belt...gretings to all.

:)

post-628-1242090192_thumb.jpg

Hi John Bigboote and theSpleen, thanks a lot for the comments :)

The one thing that stands out to me is, the calves look way too long compared to his thighs.

You´re rigth mtpeak2 thanks for this observation, by the way this character has not real proportions, I try to give it a different style, but your comment is correct, I´m going to change this detail :) ...cheers

That is a terrific character. Great style! Will be a kick (and challenge) to see those muscles flex, assuming he can even bend those arms.

Thanks for your comment Nancy, I think to animate it, and yes this muscles are going to be very flex, well.. I hope so :)

That is a wonderful character!

Cannot wait to see the girl! :lol:

thanks for comment TheSpleen...I hope not to wait a lot as well :) by the way here is the first progress...I began to modeling the torso, as usually, copy and paste to see how it looks...be carefull..it´s a nude..

greetings

post-628-1243366645_thumb.jpg

You've got some lovely modelling going on here, nino banano!

I love the new creature with the BIG eyes! ;)

thanks for comment Paul I like that big eyes as well :P ...

thanks for comment The Spleen...well Here are the latest advances for this character, comments and critics are welcome...greetings

post-628-1243795239_thumb.jpg

Damn Nino, I have not been paying attention to the talent that is here on the forum - Fantastic work!!! This is a real treat to follow. Nice concept, nice spline flow, and the curves on the female ain't bad either! Keep it up!

-E

thanks for your comment Eric2575...very kind

She's perfect!

Don't add another thing to her!!!!!!

My dream girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL The Spleen ducks from the females throwing things at him.

thanks The Spleen... this is the best way to know the perfect girl for every one, modeling her by ourself :P ...just kidding

well...here are the latest advances, I think to correct some details at the hands and modeling the head as well...greetings to all there

post-628-1243870689_thumb.jpg

• 4 months later...
Hi Nino,

Anything new from you?

Is that Santa model from you?

Hi jakerupert, thanks for ask, I´m spending almost all my time in my job, I´m a vinil sign maker and sign painter by hand as well, so I got a project that keep me very busy...excuse me what santa are you talking about...by the way this post is waiting to be finish (a new character one), maybe 2 months more I´m going to continuous it...the only thing about 3d I´m doing for now, is a model for a motion mx animation, it´s a child character, it isn´t finished yet...here are some captures...greetings

post-628-1256617852_thumb.jpg

post-628-1256617877_thumb.jpg

post-628-1256617915_thumb.jpg

Hi jakerupert, thanks for ask, I´m spending almost all my time in my job, I´m a vinil sign maker and sign painter by hand as well, so I got a project that keep me very busy...excuse me what santa are you talking about...by the way this post is waiting to be finish (a new character one), maybe 2 months more I´m going to continuous it...the only thing about 3d I´m doing for now, is a model for a motion mx animation, it´s a child character, it isn´t finished yet...here are some captures...greetings

I was a sign painter for several years too

jakerupert

Hi Nino,

Somewhere in your pictures I saw a very nice Santa Claus

and so I was wondering, if this model was also done by you?

These vinyl signs are for shops advertising I suppose?

Do you have an example?

Hi jakerupert, the santa I used time ago was made by myself, so he isn´t finished yet, I´m going to load some captures to the challenge post...I think to finish this model for this challenge...about the signs.. yes they are for shops advertising like banners,vehicles, walls etc...really there aren´t so much to see, :) thanks

TheSpleen

I was a sign painter for several years too

glad to know that TheSpleen, we have many things in common...greetings

Hi Nino,

Anything new from you?

Is that Santa model from you?

That is incredible organic splining!