Hash, Inc. Forums

Translate to / Orient Like Enforcement & Pose Slider

Marcus

I've made a pose slider with Translate to and Orient Like constraints. I want the enforcements of these constraints to have the same setting as the pose slider. I've set keyes for the enforcements at 0 and 100, but when I move the slider away from 100% the enforcement settings changes instanlty from 100% to 0%. How do I make the enforcements match the slider setting?

• Hash Fellow
I've made a pose slider with Translate to and Orient Like constraints. I want the enforcements of these constraints to have the same setting as the pose slider. I've set keyes for the enforcements at 0 and 100, but when I move the slider away from 100% the enforcement settings changes instanlty from 100% to 0%. How do I make the enforcements match the slider setting?

good question!

change the "curve" for enforcement from "hold" interpolation to "linear"

enforceinterp01.png

enforceinterp02.png

There's a way to copy and paste values form 100% to 0 but I dont' recall it. You can Edit offset curves manually by sliding the CPs at 0% to match the level at 100%

(the red green blue icon at the bottom of the PWS switches it to curve view.)

good question!

change the "curve" for enforcement from "hold" interpolation to "linear"

post-544-1240578556_thumb.png

post-544-1240578639_thumb.png

There's a way to copy and paste values form 100% to 0 but I dont' recall it. You can Edit offset curves manually by sliding the CPs at 0% to match the level at 100%

(the red green blue icon at the bottom of the PWS switches it to curve view.)

Thanks! That did it!

This has been driving me crazy. :D

Thanks! That did it!

This has been driving me crazy. :D

Me TOO! I have 23 orient like constraints in 23 poses and had no idea what the heck was going on. Perfect timing.

Question though... why do those other channels have to match? Does this cause some odd pivoting or something?

-vern

• Hash Fellow
Question though... why do those other channels have to match? Does this cause some odd pivoting or something?

yes. odd pivoting. the bone will wander from its original position and back as you go from 0 to 100% enforcement.

Consider:

- at 0% enforcement a constrained bone makes no attempt to get to the incorrect 0,0,0 offsets, and so stays in its original position

-at 100% enforcement the constrained bone will be trying to get all the way to it's full offset position, and so stays in its original position

-but at 50% enforcement the constrained bone will be trying to get half way to an offset location that is halfway between the target bone and the correct full offset position.

try it and you will immediately see .

enforcementoffsets.zip