Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Adding Splines

danf

Hey everyone! Long time no visit.

I was starting to toy around with A:M again, and I wanted to make my own character this time, but had a question:

I wanted to make the general shape of my character first, and then gradually add detail to it. Is there an easy way to say, "add spline down shape, between the two existing splines running in this direction"? That'd be really great.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey everyone! Long time no visit.

I was starting to toy around with A:M again, and I wanted to make my own character this time, but had a question:

I wanted to make the general shape of my character first, and then gradually add detail to it. Is there an easy way to say, "add spline down shape, between the two existing splines running in this direction"? That'd be really great.

Two possibilities...

Steffen has the Plugin "CutPlane" and you can of course just add it by stitching the spline in...

Stitching will create the more reliable spline, but in the end it is working as that too.

*Fuchur*

• Admin

Fuchur has the approach; stitch in the new spline.

In the areas you want to add the spline select the perpendicular splines and hit the Y key.

This will create a Control Point positioned exactly between the orginal two CPs.

Then you can attach your new spline to those.

Of course you don't have to create the middle CP like that but sometimes that precision may be required.

Stitching a new spline into an area while in Shaded view is a great way to do it too.

You get instant feedback while quickly adding in new splines.