Hash, Inc. Forums

looping video in rotoscope or layer?

Ersatz anime

Simple question, I want to pan over an existing looping video placed in chor as a rotoscope or layer, how do I get AM to loop it? Right now it plays once and gets temperamental if I try to set different lengths or key frame numbers.

v15 seems to have more options for this than v13 and 13 seems to crop a frame or two from rotos but either version will do for what I want. Any hints?

okay dropping the same video as a second rotoscope gives me another repeat but then there's no smoothness to the position keyframes...

I'm probably missing some obvious "loop animation" button, right?

• Hash Fellow

Keyframing the Image>Frame property in a Layer seems to be the way to go. It works here in V13.

If you had a video that was 10 frames long you'd keyframe 0 at frame 0, 9 at frame 9 and 0 at frame 10 , the set the post extrapolation to "repeat"

make sure the keyframes are set to linear interpolation, not spline.

imageloop.png

Rotoscopes don't seem to have that property available.

Last resort, edit as clip together that repeats the vid as many times as you need for your shot.

Keyframing the Image>Frame property in a Layer seems to be the way to go. It works here in V13.

If you had a video that was 10 frames long you'd keyframe 0 at frame 0, 9 at frame 9 and 0 at frame 10 , the set the post extrapolation to "repeat"

make sure the keyframes are set to linear interpolation, not spline.

post-544-1240418003_thumb.png

Rotoscopes don't seem to have that property available.

Weird, my v13 doesn't have frames available under the image menu in layers and I checked I have advanced properties enabled this time... v15's layers are being temperamental (As in "not appearing at all even in renders" one of the many reasons I'm sticking with 13)

Last resort, edit as clip together that repeats the vid as many times as you need for your shot.

I guess I'll resort to that

Excellent, I got it looping in rotoscope nicely, it's more convenient in roto because there's no need to mess with aligning it to the camera or removing lighting effects

The avi I was using must've disagreed with AM somehow because the frame property didn't appear until I switched to another one.

Also I did not know that post extrapolation trick, it will come in very handy

Thanks!!