Hash, Inc. Forums

3-D Mouse

redsoxfan

If you don't already own a 3D mouse, you may want to give this product a try: the n52te SpeedPad from Belkin

A couple of weeks ago I bought one for use with my tablet PC and am absolutely amazed with how well it works for A:M. I programmed all 15 keys (on one of three "keymaps") with shortcuts for A:M and can fly around the different views and operations with ease. It's a fantastic way to work, especially if you don't want to be tied to a traditional keyboard. Price is reasonable, too.

Wow. Thanks for the updates and suggestions. Last year, I purchased a low-end 3-d mouse for work in another application and found it to be very helpful. A:M seems more dependent upon keyboard and/or number pad commands. As such, I think I'm going to take the plunge and purchase a higher-end mouse with the capacity to program additional buttons. I'll let you know how it works out.

Wow. Thanks for the updates and suggestions. Last year, I purchased a low-end 3-d mouse for work in another application and found it to be very helpful. A:M seems more dependent upon keyboard and/or number pad commands. As such, I think I'm going to take the plunge and purchase a higher-end mouse with the capacity to program additional buttons. I'll let you know how it works out.

Be sure to buy a 3d connexion-product. Any other driver isnt supported. So an option would be the Space Pilot or Space Pilot Pro.

The smallest possible 3d-mouse available for under 100 dollars is the space navigator. It is available in a personal and a commercial edition. Personal is only for personal use but other than that has the same functionallity like the commercial one.

Commerical One 90 Dollars,

Personal One 55 Dollars.

(April, 18th 2009, http://www.novedge.com/brands/5)

See you

*Fuchur*