Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Rickety legged tortoise

matt_stanford

Hey, you may have already seen me ask this in my WIP thread, but I thought I'd post it in this forum as well as it seemed more appropriate. I've just started rigging a tortoise character with the 2001 skeleton and all was going well until I opened him up in the choreography and suddenly his legs had become bowed. I'm quite tempted to install the squetch rig, but for now I really wanna get this problem sorted. Any help is, as always, much appreciated.

post-12530-1239825966_thumb.jpg

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey, you may have already seen me ask this in my WIP thread, but I thought I'd post it in this forum as well as it seemed more appropriate. I've just started rigging a tortoise character with the 2001 skeleton and all was going well until I opened him up in the choreography and suddenly his legs had become bowed. I'm quite tempted to install the squetch rig, but for now I really wanna get this problem sorted. Any help is, as always, much appreciated.

As Robert already mentioned, it's probably the location of the knee targets. The fastest way to figure out problems would be to have the actual rig to look at...you could delete all of the geometry of the character and just post the rigging if you don't want to post the character.

If you're new to rigging, I would suggest trying the 2008 Rig or TSM2 before attempting the Squetch Rig. If you do decide to use the Squetch Rig, shoot me an e-mail so that you can get the latest version and I'll help you through the process (since the tutorial is still being made).

Thanks guys.

I'd say alot of hidden bones are out of position.
There were LOADS of hidden bones all over the place! I think I'm 99% there now. The legs are straight, I just gotta few tweaks to make with the toes. He seems to be walking on tip-toes...but he IS walking!!! :D As soon as I've finished sorting out the last few problems and done with rigging the face I can start animating him!!! YAY!!!! :D Thanks again.