Hash, Inc. Forums

Nidaros Cathedral

agep

Thank you guys!

I know you backup your files but... Backup. Backup. Backup!
Haha. I have 400 chronological versions of the project saved. Everything is mirrored to my laptop, an external hard drive, my work computer, and I also have the latest versions saved to a memorystick and my phone (!!!) :)

And the final patch count is...? :D
I don't know at the moment. I'll see if I find some time to do a counting later to day. It takes time to count all the models

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fantastic work indeed! No one would argue.. So where is the COMMUNITY Model for download? Sharing should be the Focus for ALL A:M work - regardless. That is actually the slogan for the A:M Community - SHARING.

So here is the numbers:

952,203 patches and 95 models (each statues is one model)

!!!!

That's an impressive amount of splinework!

Fantastic work indeed! No one would argue.. So where is the COMMUNITY Model for download? Sharing should be the Focus for ALL A:M work - regardless. That is actually the slogan for the A:M Community - SHARING.

...and that's an impressive amount of impudence! Noone's under any sort of obligation to share their work with the entire world simply because they made it with A:M.

Impressive! How long does it take to load that?
Funny, never thought about that. I had to take the time:

2:02 to load the project

2:49 if I count the HDR and decals

Thanks! Sorry, but I am not going to share this one

So here is the numbers:

952,203 patches and 95 models (each statues is one model)

!!!!

That's an impressive amount of splinework!

...and that's an impressive amount of impudence! Noone's under any sort of obligation to share their work with the entire world simply because they made it with A:M.

And technically speaking, he did share with us. He shared his progress, pictures, ideas so that is all qualified as sharing. I know this is a bit trickier, but do you have any intentions on making some green, papery stuff with this model, or is it just goin on your trophy case of incredible models?

Full HD turntable posted on YouTube :)

The rendering took about a week using four cores. I do have a eight core computer but the four rendering cores ate up all my 12 Gigs of RAM ;)

Can't say enough about this one Stian. It's not only epic in its elaborateness but really an exemplar of what we all should strive for.

Your turntable is great but a flyaround that zooms in on at least *some* of the detail could really take one's breath away.

• 1 year later...

Hi guys

I have uploaded a new render of the cathedral to YouTube. This time is is a close up of the westfront. At five cores I was able to do five frames every fifth hour (so basically 1 hour each frame).

Stillframe:

nidarosdomen_pan_animation_000.png

Thank you to Steffen for helping me track down and resolve a few bugs. A:M now eat complex models like this for breakfast!

I'm not really qualified to say anything constructive about your work, so WOW !! will have to do for now.

Have you heard of a magazine called 3D World ? Its a UK publication but sells worldwide, it claims to be the biggest 3D mag in the world ( pardon me if you know this already ? ). They have a section every month that showcases the work done by readers of the magazine. It covers a broad spectrum of work. If you have not considered it might I humbly suggest that you put your work forward for that as it is certainly more than good enough and the exposure it generates will at least do you justice and could lead to other things as it is widely read in the industry.

regards

simon

I'm not really qualified to say anything constructive about your work, so WOW !! will have to do for now.

Have you heard of a magazine called 3D World ? Its a UK publication but sells worldwide, it claims to be the biggest 3D mag in the world ( pardon me if you know this already ? ). They have a section every month that showcases the work done by readers of the magazine. It covers a broad spectrum of work. If you have not considered it might I humbly suggest that you put your work forward for that as it is certainly more than good enough and the exposure it generates will at least do you justice and could lead to other things as it is widely read in the industry.

regards

simon