Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Oxymoron Theatre - Bringing the Sinner back to her Senses

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah yes - up to the same ol' same ol' - experimenting with render styles.

I was inspired by Jinxland (Scarecrow of Oz) - so I took the textured model seen here- and played with rendering

1) Had to try a white render (everything is front projected with white) - AI=100, AO =100 - took 27:12 mins (AA)

2) Then I did a white render with just AI=100, 1 rim light, everything front projected - BUT I made everything flat shaded as well - hee hee - got this melted look - neato - took 11 secs

3) ok - then I added splashes of color for giggles - took 21 secs with with hair - no big whoop - but has possibilities

4) then I went into photo shop and started playing with filters - did a sun faded photo effect of Meltyville - interesting

5) Couldn't stop there - so I had to apply the sketch filter to the original color (did it twice - 2 different settings - applied each 50%) - to get an engraved look

6) then I overlayed the filtered sketch version over the original colored version to get this oldtimey tinted lithograph type image

2AIAO.jpg

3whitemelt.jpg

4whitemeltwithcolorsplashes.jpg

5sunfadedphoto.jpg

6OldFashionedSketch.jpg

7Tinted.jpg

As always, your stuff makes me happy. Just wonderful to look at. One funny thing I noticed is that the shape of your building is very similar to the east end of Nidaros Cathedral, all the basic shapes are there, funny :)

Take a look at the attached photo:

476729244_63827b12db.jpg

The sketchy ones look like story illustrations to me. Have you ever had any luck with the sketch materials in AM?

Yup - reminds me of the 1900's era story engravings - typical of Alice in Wonderland, Oz series illustrations, etc.

As for the sketch materials in A:M - I have never had much luck. I could never figure out how to have real control over them, to get something I was satisfied with. PS is just too easy, quick. Or perhaps I gave up too easy. Would love to know some settings to try for the sketch type materials in A:M.

One funny thing I noticed is that the shape of your building is very similar to the east end of Nidaros Cathedral, all the basic shapes are there, funny

St. Stian: Hee hee ! - Glad you noticed, as I thought you would see a resemblance. Not funny at all - since I started with the photo of Nidaros in 1857 that was at the wiki link that you provided. I was loving your work on the current Cathedral - but of course - I thought you totally insane - until I started getting into this - I could see what fun it would be to add more and more detail - and perhaps I will someday. Unfortunately I don't have the patience to work with 400,000 plus patches in A:M. So I cheat cheat cheat whenever possible.

My version (approx 5000 patches) needs a graveyard with some tombstones, at least. And perhaps a stone fountain/statue of King Krewel counting his money.

Thanks all for your comments. Much appreciated.

Nidarosdom_1857.jpg