Hash, Inc. Forums

Invalid Project File

Ravager

The project file is really a text file and it can often be repair ...or it has been repaired in earlier versions....by copying and pasting sections into a new project file. But that takes some understanding and study of the layout of the project file which can be understood by looking at a simple one and comparing it to the one needing repair. It might mean losing a model,material ,action,ewtc that is corrupt but most of the project could usually be saved. I remember doing this for a few projects in earler versions.

Unfortunately, it won't let me upload the project file. I can tell you however that it is 0kb and "Invalid Project File" is all it says, and it lists where the corrupt item is. Is there a way to get into the project and retrieve a model? That's all I want to do... but with 0kb something tells me that isn't going to work. :(

To be sure open the file in "notepad" or some simple text editor. You will have to right click and choose "open with..." and choose an application. If the file is "blank" there's nothing to save. If however there is something in there... who knows what might be salvageable.

-vern